Windows 10: Lost music

Discus and support Lost music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a load of CD and pirated music on my computer somewhere but can't locate it. Itunes no longer shows the non-itunes songs. I would like to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muzza82, Nov 14, 2019.

1. muzza82 Win User

Lost music

I have a load of CD and pirated music on my computer somewhere but can't locate it. Itunes no longer shows the non-itunes songs. I would like to find them on the computer so I can import them again to itunes...

:)

muzza82, Nov 14, 2019

2. how to disable MUSIC search

Hi WebbyLigth0. I launched processexplorer from Sysinternals and it listed MUSIC taking about 18-20 percents CPU. I tried paulsalter's suggestion and I shall see whether there will be any effect. Thx for reply

Roman Krejci, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 14, 2019
  4. SW1
    SW1 Win User

Lost music

Lost all my music !!

Fantastic - VLC has worked. Thank you all - you are on my Chrimbo list for saving my music and my sanity X

Thema:

Lost music

1. Lost music - Similar Threads - Lost music

2. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  3. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  4. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.: For the video editor app, i was testing the background music feature and all of a sudden my video lengths were trimmed and even if i change back to none background music, i still can't revert the video back to its original length. Can i change it back to the original length?...
  6. Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.

Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.: For the video editor app, i was testing the background music feature and all of a sudden my video lengths were trimmed and even if i change back to none background music, i still can't revert the video back to its original length. Can i change it back to the original length?...
  7. After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...: After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music player, photo viewer, and the windows store as well. How can I get these apps back?...
  8. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  9. lost music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost music: on laptop last night and 3/4 of my music gone from windows media player and groove music. artwork for albums also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-music/afa8b584-5fd8-4496-91d5-285aa25a2dde
  10. Has anyone else lost the ability to play music from amazon prime since updating their...

Has anyone else lost the ability to play music from amazon prime since updating their...: Not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes. I upgraded my microsoft edge browser, and now I cannot play music from Amazon prime nor will certain radio stations play. It looks like they are playing music but there is no sound. Chrome plays them ok so its not...