Windows 10: Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

Discus and support Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i was not able to boot my pc for some windows or bios issues. So i looked on Google for windows boot and found this media creation tool for bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dhaval Mehta, May 22, 2024.

1. Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

So i was not able to boot my pc for some windows or bios issues. So i looked on Google for windows boot and found this media creation tool for bootable boot.I forgot to see this will delete the HDD. Or usb you plug. I thought this was like it needs space for installation files on drive but it was creating flesh drive.I had recently brought this seagate 5tb HDD for my work backup drive and i used that for media creation tool to bootable fat32 device. So am now stuck with it where is my data ? Is it really permanently deleted or is there a way anyone can help or do I've to send my drive to seaga

:)

Dhaval Mehta, May 22, 2024

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, May 22, 2024
  3. Media Creation Tool and Data Loss

Microsoft probably put a time-out on the Media Creation tool. Perhaps someone from MS will take note.

It is a little late to say this but why did you allow very important data to be stored in one place only? The iron rule for such data says that it must be stored on at least two independent media. Furthermore, the back-up medium must be disconnected from
    your PC for most of the time, in particular when carrying out "open heart surgery" (which is pretty much what you were doing).

Frederik Long, May 22, 2024
  4. Vijay B Win User

Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

1. Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools. - Similar Threads - Lost 5tb HDD

2. Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.: So i was not able to boot my pc for some windows or bios issues. So i looked on Google for windows boot and found this media creation tool for bootable boot.I forgot to see this will delete the HDD. Or usb you plug. I thought this was like it needs space for installation...
  3. Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my 5tb HDD data while using it for media creation tools.: So i was not able to boot my pc for some windows or bios issues. So i looked on Google for windows boot and found this media creation tool for bootable boot.I forgot to see this will delete the HDD. Or usb you plug. I thought this was like it needs space for installation...
  4. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?: USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-is-not-been-deducted-while-media-creation-tool/634b4393-c625-4fd6-956a-b5683f7c46da
  5. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?: USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-is-not-been-deducted-while-media-creation-tool/634b4393-c625-4fd6-956a-b5683f7c46da
  6. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  8. Media Creation Tool and Data Loss

Media Creation Tool and Data Loss: Could someone please tell me how the Media Creation Tool selects the Flash drive for its use. I was creating a bootable USB drive for Windows 10 on a PC that had two removable drives in it. One was the 32GB USB flash drive I intended to use while the other was an 8TB...
  9. Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?: Hi, I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the...
  10. Media Creation Tool not working; continuosly data used by svchost.exe

Media Creation Tool not working; continuosly data used by svchost.exe: Hi, I was just trying how Media Creation Tool is working and does it support resume or not but at first I was not able to open it but soon, it got open and I simply chosen the option to create ISO file and started the download and done the test whether it support resume or...