Windows 10: Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10

Discus and support Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 as per the recommended update and ended up losing my administrative access to my laptop. On top of that, I am logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CSatrugan, Jan 28, 2021.

1. CSatrugan Win User

Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10

I recently updated my Windows 10 as per the recommended update and ended up losing my administrative access to my laptop. On top of that, I am logged in automatically as a temporary profile. Hence, I cant seem to make any changes to the system. Logging out and re-logging in back doesn't seem to work at all. Its very disappointing as I am spending so much time trying to troubleshoot something that should not have happened in the first place.

:)

CSatrugan, Jan 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 28, 2021
  3. PC is logging in to temporary profile

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with temporary profile on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the
    suggestions
    provided by me replied on May 24, 2019 and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10

signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10

1. Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Administrative Access

2. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile: Due to system error I was assigned a temporary profile by windows. While working in the temporary profile, I needed files in my downloads folder, but click on download the folder was empty. Had to go into the C Drive, under my regular user name to access the files. I thought...
  3. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile: Due to system error I was assigned a temporary profile by windows. While working in the temporary profile, I needed files in my downloads folder, but click on download the folder was empty. Had to go into the C Drive, under my regular user name to access the files. I thought...
  4. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary Profile - Lost Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile - Lost Files: Please help! I was using my laptop last night and whenI logged in this morning it opened with a temporary profile. I have lost all my files and desktop icons - everything gone. How can I fix this? I'm not that savy when it comes to fixing things though. Thanks!...
  6. Keep on logging on temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep on logging on temporary profile: I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows files which is in the...
  7. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  8. Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening": After the latest update i am not able to access any of my microsoft apps and i get the message "You need a new link to open this app" And It also says that i am "logged in with a Temporary Profile.Roaming options are unavailable." Plz i need urgent help!!...
  9. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"
  10. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders: After updates kb4284835 & Kb4343699 I was told a temporary profile had been set up and there was an issue signing on. Plus I had no acess to my personal files and the apps could not be viewed without an update. In addition the language & keyboard had been set to USA standard....