Windows 10: Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them

Discus and support Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corbydog, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Corbydog Win User

Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them

As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things.

How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please?

The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me.

:)

Corbydog, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Dec 7, 2018
  3. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Album lost on photo app on PC

Hello,

It is possible that the photos added to the album haven't loaded properly when the app was launched, or that the album was not saved prior to shutting down the computer. Before we proceed, we would like to get some information about the lost photos from
    your album in Photos app. Kindly respond to the questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you have saved the album before shutting down the computer.
    • Are you able to view your other albums? Does the photos appear from those albums?
    • Have you attempted to wait for the photos to appear? This could be due to the data have not yet synced.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them - Similar Threads - Lost albums photo

2. photo albums missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo albums missing: I created several photo albums in windows 10 but every time I try to access them no photos show up. Not only that but, if I try to access the albums I've created, the program switches off completely! So I have to go back to the photo program just to look at the collection I...
  3. Unable to find albums in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...
  4. Photos in albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  5. Photos app loosing albums

Photos app loosing albums: I recently had to uninstall 1809 due to major problems, Microsoft Techs did a clean install of 1803, as a result I've lost all my 200+ albums I had in the photos app. They still exist in OneDrive, is there any way to restore them in the Photos app?...
  6. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...
  7. Photo albums

Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...
  8. using the photos app, i lost my photos after pressing the heart button and adding them to...

using the photos app, i lost my photos after pressing the heart button and adding them to...: the app didnt open a 'my favourtie' album for me after i added some of my photos to my favourite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-photos-app-i-lost-my-photos-after/ebe290b7-7854-4c9e-8f66-35d243949457
  9. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...
  10. Unwanted photo album

Unwanted photo album: My wife has a Win7 desktop machine that she uses for stuff brought home from work, but also keeps a collection of photos that she posts to Facebook, etc. Rather than let her deal with any fallout from an automatic Win10 upgrade While I wasn't around, I did it manually...