Windows 10: Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem

Discus and support Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help! I have no audio, after update, went to watch something, no sound. Troubleshot, it cannot identify a problem. Speaker Icon at the bottom right has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JStone1ZY, Nov 3, 2019.

1. JStone1ZY Win User

Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem

Help! I have no audio, after update, went to watch something, no sound. Troubleshot, it cannot identify a problem. Speaker Icon at the bottom right has red x. Error message is reading "No audio output device is installed." Checked the drivers and all seems okay and installed. Tried to restore, unfortunately I have not taking the time to set a restore point, so other than resetting my whole computer, was hoping someone had a suggestion(s) that might possibly help. I have of course tried the obvious, but I am not beyond being taught that whatever the problem is, may just be something simple that I overlooked. Your help is greatly appreciated! Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem :)

:)

JStone1ZY, Nov 3, 2019

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Audio not working

Hi,

We need more information so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the troubleshooter for your audio devices. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on Start menu.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Follow the instructions provided.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem

1. Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem - Similar Threads - Lost Audio update

2. Audio lost after win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio lost after win 11 update: Audio on Dell laptop lost after Windows 11 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-lost-after-win-11-update/266a74cd-a372-4ced-9732-075915c622b8
  3. Audio lost after win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio lost after win 11 update: Audio on Dell laptop lost after Windows 11 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-lost-after-win-11-update/266a74cd-a372-4ced-9732-075915c622b8
  4. Windows is not correctly identifying my headphones and they cannot be selected as an audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not correctly identifying my headphones and they cannot be selected as an audio...: When my Bluetooth headphones are disconnected from my computer, sound playback identifies them as a a potential audio output device. However, once they are connected to my computer they disappear from the list and cannot be selected as an audio output device. For further...
  5. Windows is not correctly identifying my headphones and they cannot be selected as an audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is not correctly identifying my headphones and they cannot be selected as an audio...: When my Bluetooth headphones are disconnected from my computer, sound playback identifies them as a a potential audio output device. However, once they are connected to my computer they disappear from the list and cannot be selected as an audio output device. For further...
  6. Scans lost.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scans lost.: I can't find the documents I just scanned in my photo garden. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scans-lost/dff4d639-e638-4619-a879-9916997ef63c
  7. Audio problem after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problem after update: After updating to the latest update KB4551762 , my pc audio have problem. Usually when i plug in an earphone it will detect but now it doesnt even detect. Tried all the audio port available but none of it work. How do i repair this problem? submitted by /u/danLoner [link]...
  8. Identifying the Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying the Problem: Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff948c531b11f0 Parameter 2: fffff8033ba84858 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: e8 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Date...
  9. Audio problem after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio problem after update: Last night Win 10 performed a giant update on my puter; now my audio is EXTREMELY muffled/inaudible (SoundBlaster ZxR). Any Ideas? Need a fix please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-problem-after-update/27d389bb-bfa4-4698-9be3-a843b2c2a29c
  10. Lost audio after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost audio after Windows Update.: I'm using Windows 10 and just did an update and lost the audio for my computer's internal speakers. My device manager is missing my Sounds dropdown and instead I see this: [ATTACH] I've tried the troubleshooter and the "Update Driver" option in the context menus. This is my...