Windows 10: Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control

Discus and support Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control Hi, recently I tried to block other users access to D Disk It's Disk for files and games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by htw1123, Mar 20, 2023.

1. htw1123 Win User

Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control

Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control Hi, recently I tried to block other users access to D Disk It's Disk for files and games. However, I accidentally lost mine Administrator's Permissions. Here's what I did: D Disk > Properties > Security > Choose Administrator and Edit > Deny Permissions for Administrator on Full control which means all permissions. Now as I clicked into the D Disk's properties > Security, it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." Screenshot: https://imgur.com/bChLNsXThen I clicked Advanced

:)

htw1123, Mar 20, 2023
  2. htw1123 Win User

Hi, recently I tried to block other users access to D Disk (It's Disk for files and games). However, I accidentally lost mine (Administrator's Permissions).

Here's what I did:

D Disk > Properties > Security > Choose Administrator and Edit > Deny Permissions for Administrator on Full control (which means all permissions).

Now as I clicked into the D Disk's properties > Security, it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object."

Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control gf%2bEKPsG62sZDsr%2b%2bkpKu0d8SPUFPlWIj%2bfgETjcqDPD7CZik2Wc5R5lD0jmP9XgOVMKomyfzbDadIVH%2b7U%3d.png

Screenshot: imgur.com

Then I clicked Advanced as mentioned, in "Advanced Security Settings for D:\", the owner's name shows "Unable to display current owner". And under the "Permissions" Tab, there's a message says "You do not have permissions to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user." I tried to clicked "change" next to Owner. Another window called "Select User or Group" comes out and I don't know what can I do next.

Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control GVDFyiFTkJa1re0G73hRnb9l%2fZooqaOZ32TnFZMWZo5N3FGD45T3W2DD5S5EZ4i3uEC6%2bgqQvsGpFRgk2fT2RtENw%3d.png

Screentshot: imgur.com

Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control P1xv09P%2fCHRfnU4DgxyOCbeEsYM%2fSb0s6E7M7j0A%2f2oGWcYlwbQJhNyEY63GNmf865a2lBd7i2K3NUs2jw6tfDs%3d.png

Screentshot: imgur.com

Looking forward to any suggestions and supports, thanks!

htw1123, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Lost all Administrator permission

Hello,

I have lost all my administrator permission. I have two profiles but both profiles are standard. I have tried every option that were listed on existing forums. Every option leads me to a pop-up screen stating I have no permission. Are there any other recommendations?

needhelptoday, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control - Similar Threads - Lost Disk's Administrator's

2. Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control: Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control Hi, recently I tried to block other users access to D Disk It's Disk for files and games. However, I accidentally lost mine Administrator's Permissions. Here's what I did: D Disk > Properties > Security > Choose...
  3. Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control: Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control Hi, recently I tried to block other users access to D Disk It's Disk for files and games. However, I accidentally lost mine Administrator's Permissions. Here's what I did: D Disk > Properties > Security > Choose...
  4. Lost my D-Disk's Administrator's Permissions on Full control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I lost my D disk SSD

I lost my D disk SSD: My laptop uses SSD 512GB, after I updated Windows 11 Insider Program, the D disk was lost, and my C disk default disk is now 195GB. I tried the way:1. Re-scan disk2. Change letter3. Restore point: my laptop doesn't have a previous point to restore maybe I didn't save or...
  6. Lost administration control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost administration control: Today I lost my administrative permissions on my pc and I can’t fix it, I’ve tried accessing the admin command prompt and I can’t, I can’t create new users or anything. I don’t know what to do, only thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset of my pc, is there anything else I...
  7. D: drive access hampered by requiring administrator permissions - account has full control

D: drive access hampered by requiring administrator permissions - account has full control: Hello all, I was hoping you could help me with a bit of a head scratcher. My computer has a large D: which has become virtually unusable due to requiring administrator permissions - and I'm certain my current account has them full control ticked in security tab, listed as an...
  8. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.: I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk...
  9. Lost Administrator permissions!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Administrator permissions!: Hi. So, after having an absolutely torrid time (nearly 2 hours) with a clueless agent on the Microsoft app i thought i'd try here as i'm so desperate now. It's a bit long-winded so bear with me. Ever since my Windows 10 updated to version 1709 i have had failures...
  10. Lost all Administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Administrator permission: Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job! --Ed--