Windows 10: Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents.

Discus and support Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think i tried at least everything i knew, let me tell you how it happened very quickly. Basically i restarted and now Disk 1 containing my D drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shutuplittlefreak, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents.

I think i tried at least everything i knew, let me tell you how it happened very quickly. Basically i restarted and now Disk 1 containing my D drive is gone. I tried using a system restore point but they all disappeared somehow, i also tried using rescan disks in disk management but even that didn’t work. Could i please get help?

submitted by /u/Shutuplittlefreak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shutuplittlefreak, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Nov 6, 2020
  3. scopio Win User
    Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as I also made the changes in Windows > Settings > Storage method which seem to have duplicated the folders and I now have two folders in D:\Users\username\ for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos presumably moved there by the Windows > Settings > Storage these folders do not have an icon just a plain folder picture and I assume they are the ones from theWindows > Settings > Storage method.

1. What did I do wrong to get duplicate folders?
    2. Which folders will be used when I finally save work to?
    3. Can the duplicate folders without the icons be deleted or would there be issues?

Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents. [​IMG]

The screenshot is not from the actual pc but just to demonstrate how in actually shows in the other pc as I can't get to the actual pc just yet. No data has been saved as yet as the Office 365 applications have not been used yet.

scopio, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents.

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive ELost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents. :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents.

1. Lost my D drive completely with all my work data, games, pictures, downloads and documents. - Similar Threads - Lost drive completely

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. games wont download on my D drive.

games wont download on my D drive.: When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me...
  6. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  7. Drive D data lost

Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  8. Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive

Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive: In the past, I set my windows data to reside on disk D: I just upgraded to a large ssd drive and have migrated the data back to the C: drive. Unfortunately, some directories do not seem to understand the redirection. Specifically, Downloads and My Pictures still end up on the...
  9. ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared: I turned on my laptop and it began a download of Microsoft Edge, which I didn't agree to, nor do I want. If that isn't bad enough, ALL my Documents, Downloads, and Pictures are gone. I've spent 2 hours searching, and they are nowhere. I can't even restore to an earlier...
  10. Lost all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...