Windows 10: Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer

Discus and support Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, recently I set up a new computer for a second office and I used my Microsoft account and synced some files from my main office computer to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SallyGiannetti, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer

Hello,

recently I set up a new computer for a second office and I used my Microsoft account and synced some files from my main office computer to the second office.

yesterday I logged into my computer that was giving me an error message from cloud not being synced, so I synced it and now I see the desktop settings of the second office computer. I cannot figure out how to get my files back on my desktop and all my settings.

Please help

:)

SallyGiannetti, Sep 4, 2020

2. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi All,
    I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my personal settings from the cloud.
    However, Today I noticed that in the Edge browser under settings the option to sync your favourites/reading lists/top sites and other settings across windows devices is enabled (not turned off) even though Sync your settings is turned off in Account/Sync Your settings. Does that mean that my favourites/reading lists etc will not have been deleted when I deleted my personal settings from the cloud yesterday i.e they will have immediately synced back to my Microsoft Account? As I described above Sync your settings in Accounts was (and still is) turned off before I deleted the personal settings from the cloud. I haven't turned Syncing back on in my Account settings yet at all.
    Does the On toggle in Edge settings work independently for Syncing Favourites or does it only work if Accounts/Sync Your Settings is turned on first ?

sportsfan148, Sep 4, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer

Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

"option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings"
    I've either never seen it there, or never noticed.
    "Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud."
    That 'should' shut off sync in Edge. Click the hamburger menu in upper R corner, then Settings/General. You see that mine is default 'On' but not active because turned off in Settings/Accounts/Sync your settings. The master 'Off' switch also turns syncing off everywhere else. See screens, Good Luck

Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer [​IMG]

Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer

1. Lost my desktop settings once I synced cloud with a second computer - Similar Threads - Lost desktop settings

2. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete cloud synced settings.: Cloud synced settings -> Clear stored settings -> RemoveAre you sure you want to remove your system and app settings from the cloud ?After that, if I click Yes, nothing happens without moving on to the next step.I just can't click 'Yes' button.I've done everything the...
  3. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete cloud synced settings.: Cloud synced settings -> Clear stored settings -> RemoveAre you sure you want to remove your system and app settings from the cloud ?After that, if I click Yes, nothing happens without moving on to the next step.I just can't click 'Yes' button.I've done everything the...
  4. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cloud synced settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  6. Cloud synced settings

Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  7. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  8. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar synced to I-Cloud lost all data

Windows 10 Calendar synced to I-Cloud lost all data: My windows 10 calendar synced to I-Cloud lost all data. Contact info is still there. When I try to enter new info in the calendar, it immediately disappears, but the entry does show up on my iPhone. This has happened before but seemed to self correct after a day or two but...
  10. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud: Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I try to force it. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? NOTE: I removed the users name for privacy purposes here… thus...