Windows 10: Lost my DVD software during a Win update

Discus and support Lost my DVD software during a Win update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get my DVD back ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonB22000, Jan 19, 2021.

1. RonB22000 Win User

Lost my DVD software during a Win update

How do I get my DVD back ?

:)

RonB22000, Jan 19, 2021

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Art,

Tell us more what's going on, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any hardware changes on your computer before this issue happened?
    • Have you checked if the DVD Drive is showing up in Device Manager?

We highly suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Ivan Gospodinov that relates to this issue.

In addition, you may also follow this
    link
    for additional steps provided by Auggy.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Jan 19, 2021
  3. backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Lost my DVD software during a Win update

win 10 dvd media player

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like get more information regarding this issue.

1. Since when you are facing the issue?
    2. Do you face the issue with only particular DVD?
    3. Have you tried playing different DVD Disc?

We’d suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to update drivers.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Look for DVD/CD-ROM drivers and expand it by clicking on the arrow next to it.
    3. Right click on the driver under DVD/CD-ROM drivers and click on
      Update driver.
    4. Now select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    5. Once the process completed, restart the computer and check if it works.

You may also go through
    Play a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player
    and

DVD playback options for Windows
    for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Forums

Manjunath_H, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Lost my DVD software during a Win update

1. Lost my DVD software during a Win update - Similar Threads - Lost DVD software

2. DVD player software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD player software: I have updated our computer, and with latest-greatest Windows the Windows Media Player doesn't launch/play movies anymore. We bought an external DVD player. What software is best to download to get to watch movies via this drive? The couple of freebies I have tried have been...
  3. PC lost power during update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC lost power during update:: Hello, I was updating my pc but during the update a somebody else came and shut it down without realising this would cause major issues. Im trying to update again, but the pc is now very slow and if after reinstalling the update it is still slow, is there a way to fix the...
  4. DVD drive will not read my software DVD

DVD drive will not read my software DVD: I have upgraded my hardware and my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-233C players will not read my software disc. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both drives, but this has not worked. I have tried installing new drivers and this has not worked This is what the event manager is...
  5. DVD copying software

DVD copying software: Until recently I have been using the free version of WinXDVD to copy MP4 DVDs to my HDD. I had a small problem with one DVD and contacted the company and they recommended installing the latest trial version. What they did not tell me is that the new version has a 5 minute...
  6. apps lost during automatic update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    apps lost during automatic update: windows store-maps and calculator was lost doring automatic update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-maps-and-calculator-was-lost-doring/8e0876e2-c373-47c2-adce-bc58ee38908f"
  7. Lost DVD APP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost DVD APP: My dvd app which I purchased for £12.49 has disappeared in my latest windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-app/d80907df-fd47-4cff-b65f-7fc3783c92bf
  8. A lost DVD drive ???

A lost DVD drive ???: I allowed Microsoft/Windows to completely refresh my laptop with their latest version of windows 10 & they said I could find those functions & put them back where they belong on my Lenovo laptop. However I'm know unable to play a DVD & as the drive has gone. What should I...
  9. DVD maker software

DVD maker software: Hello Forum, Can someone recommend for a dvd maker program (free if possible), to be able to do menus \ chapters, save the output to the hard disk. To burn it on a dvd disk I have a nice program "CD Burner xp" it is way better then the windows built in burning program....
  10. Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(: I received my windows 10 upgrade notice. So I started to clean the computer to get rid of unwanted stuff before upgrading.After cleaning the computer , I no longer have the notice to Update . I am back to waiting . In the process of disk clean I must have somehow deleted the...