Windows 10: Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

Discus and support Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Few minutes ago my browser, Microsoft Edge Dev was updated to the latest version. I was surprised to see that the list of my favourites for this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imcanadian, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

Few minutes ago my browser, Microsoft Edge Dev was updated to the latest version. I was surprised to see that the list of my favourites for this browser were disappeared from the list and got nothing on the list at all. How do I recover my favourites list to place in Microsoft Edge Dev. I have been trying to find more information about how to recover my favourites for my browser. Anyone here have an idea how to recover favourites list back into Microsoft Edge Dev.

Thank you,

John

:)

imcanadian, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Mel Jones Win User

Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?

Colleagues and friends have been asking me where are my favourites form Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge. What a lot of people don't realise (i.e. the novice n00b is just being rude) Microsoft Edge is a completely new browser, it's not Internet Explorer 12 as some people are getting confused with. It is a completely new browser. More stable much better than Internet Explorer 11. So to answer any questions to any novice Windows 10 users, Microsoft Edge Favourites I have listed below a few simple steps. (important! You have to have favourites present in IE11) If your favourites are in IE11 then just import them from your previous browser to Microsoft Edge. Respectively you can do the same for Google Chrome as well. Although at the moment Firefox does not appear in the list...

Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev. [​IMG]

1. Open Microsoft Edge then click on
    2. To the right you will see Import favourites
    3. By default Internet Explorer is ticked to be imported
    4. Import your favourites and then click on the Favourites Tab again and you will see your favourites from Internet Explorer

If your Favourites do not appear just close and reopen Microsoft Edge and then click on

Now all your Favourites from IE or Chrome have been imported into Microsoft Edge...

Moreover, and most importantly is where is the path for the "Favourites Hub" Microsoft have done their best to hide the location of the favourites for Microsoft Edge. But because I'm working with computers for 7.5 hrs a day I thought the logical place to be would be in hidden away within AppData. If you want to edit your Favourites then the best way is to go directly to the file path location.

WB + R to open Run Command and type in AppData or just copy and paste the link that I have provided below for you.

AppData
    Local
    Packages
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    AC
    Microsoft Edge
    User
    Favourites

Drect Link: C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defa ult\Favorites

Mel Jones, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

Favourites list missing

I have just up dated from 8.1 to 10 and lost my favourites list. Any suggestion please. Hope this is not another Windows8 scenario

Peter

Moved to win 10

Peter ADay, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

1. Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev. - Similar Threads - Lost favourites list

2. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost favourites: Due to problems with slow start up i have had windows 10 reinstalled which has silve that problem. however i have lost my favourites and a simple explanation as to how to recover them would be a great help. i have googled but the suggested solutions are too tech for me e.g a...
  3. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost favourites: Due to problems with slow start up i have had windows 10 reinstalled which has silve that problem. however i have lost my favourites and a simple explanation as to how to recover them would be a great help. i have googled but the suggested solutions are too tech for me e.g a...
  4. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All of my Favourites lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All of my Favourites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  6. Favourites list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Favourites list: Why does the Favourites list now reload (and take several seconds) each time I click on the upper right hand star? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favourites-list/afae61b6-877a-4375-8a33-48f58d392838
  7. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  8. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  9. Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems: I am using Microsoft Edge, and for convenience I am adding pages into the favourites section for quick access to them. However, I have found over the last week that Edge is deleting these files without my input. So when I open Edge I find my favourites box is empty. What can...
  10. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...