Windows 10: Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!!

Discus and support Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Had a problem with some software, so they want me to create a test user account. And they gave me a link from Microsoft's site to create a test user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/letumexordo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!!

Had a problem with some software, so they want me to create a test user account. And they gave me a link from Microsoft's site to create a test user account. I didn't read everything properly, I thought they wanted me to create an admin account. So I changed the account type to admin to the newly created user. When I was done with the account I've deleted the current account, not the one I was using as default. It asked me for my permission, saying that all the files will be deleted, but it was the account that I've created for testing. Then now I can't switch back to the account I was fucking using!!! I'm trying to log in with my Microsoft account, it accepts the password as it's correct, then it asks me to enter the password again to log in again. And it doesn't fucking accept the same fucking password! The HDD shows that it's as filled as before. So I just lost the files on the desktop and every other fucking option I made! So what I need is to log in to my Microsoft account, imo!

Nope, it seems the current user folder has been deleted. FUCK!

submitted by /u/letumexordo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/letumexordo, Jan 15, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!!

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!!

1. Lost My Files Because Of Microsoft's Incompetence!!! - Similar Threads - Lost Files Microsoft's

2. Microsoft Rewards Customer Support are Incompetent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Rewards Customer Support are Incompetent: I have been logging on and completing the tasks each day for Microsoft Rewards and unexpectedly my streak count was reset to 0 even though my streak was unbroken. I have been writing to Support for a resolution and just get nowhere, even offering to give them a screenshot of...
  3. Microsoft Rewards Customer Support are Incompetent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards Customer Support are Incompetent: I have been logging on and completing the tasks each day for Microsoft Rewards and unexpectedly my streak count was reset to 0 even though my streak was unbroken. I have been writing to Support for a resolution and just get nowhere, even offering to give them a screenshot of...
  4. Incompetence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompetence: Mr. Gates: Your employees match all the requirements for the Peter Principle. I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the...
  5. Incompetence

Incompetence: Mr. Gates: Your employees match all the requirements for the Peter Principle. I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the...
  6. agent incompetent complaint

agent incompetent complaint: I have been on the chat from 11.05 to 16.18 now. I had a very arrogant and totally incompetent agent. I asked the same question over and over again for hours, nothing, she made me repeat continuously, she gave me wrong answers, when i told her or him i do not know the name is...
  7. Will incompetent Microsoft ever master the art of file searching?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will incompetent Microsoft ever master the art of file searching?: These idiots can't find a file by name, let alone by contents. And of course they would change the search feature to make it worse, now you have to hit enter to see nothing shows up, before you just entered and waited. These people are idiots, maybe it's their new CEO....
  8. Lost files because of KB4532693 Update....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost files because of KB4532693 Update....: I've been losing files lately... when is Microsoft going to fix this????? submitted by /u/KingoDenka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5afs5/lost_files_because_of_kb4532693_update/
  9. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  10. Windows incompetence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows incompetence: just to let you know. Personally and profesionally im switching to apple. Your data mining updates are no longer being tolerated. I am so pissed at you and your stupid system ,i hope you go bankrupt and go hungry. Please change my opinion of you and make a system that does...