Windows 10: Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot

Discus and support Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I lost my windows 8.1 license when I installed windows 10 from boot on my new laptop 3 years ago. When I bought this laptop, it was installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ali Ghorbani, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot

Hello, I lost my windows 8.1 license when I installed windows 10 from boot on my new laptop 3 years ago. When I bought this laptop, it was installed windows 8.1 on it with a digital license. How can I find that license?

And can I transfer it to windows 10?

:)

Ali Ghorbani, Nov 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 7, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2018
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot

1. Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot - Similar Threads - Lost license installed

2. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my windows license.: So I was having trouble and none of Microsoft recommendations were working so I decided to completely reset my desktop, but when I booted it back up I had no windows 10 license and Microsoft wants me to buy it again, Can anyone help me?...
  3. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my windows license.: So I was having trouble and none of Microsoft recommendations were working so I decided to completely reset my desktop, but when I booted it back up I had no windows 10 license and Microsoft wants me to buy it again, Can anyone help me?...
  4. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  6. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  7. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

8. i lost windows 10 license.

i lost windows 10 license.: I purchased a computer with a windows 10 license. When replacing hdd with ssd, I lost the windows license. the product key was not listed anywhere. The license is not tied to a microsoft account. tell me what to do?...
  9. Windows 10 license lost from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license lost from Microsoft Account: Hello, few years ago I've upgraded my Windows 7 it was a retail copy, not OEM version to Windows 10. So far so good. Two years ago, I've upgraded my Windows to Windows 10 Pro I needed Hyper-V. Recently, I've tried to setup a VM using Parallels Desktop on my iMac with...
  10. I lost my lifetime license from technical preview

I lost my lifetime license from technical preview: I have windows 10 since 2014 when it was technical preview. Microsoft made an announcement that people like me will have a lifetime license as insider preview. Can this be lost? until now the windows turn on alone when I log in but now it does not happen again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will i lose my license if i boot to legacy

2. lost my windows license