Windows 10: Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...

Discus and support Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello to the Community, Running Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I hadn't checked my Password-Protected files in several months....... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gary_S_1943, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...

Hello to the Community,

Running Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592

I hadn't checked my Password-Protected files in several months....

Looked at them today.

Password protection has disappeared. All files and folders are wide open. Why ? How did this happen ?

What's the best corrective action.....Without paying for the solution ?

Thank you,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Emilie C' Win User

Password protected Office files

Hello Bob and Sharon,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately the Office files protected by a password are not supported yet on the Windows Phone. I would advise you to send this idea to the official Windows Phone suggestion box :

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...uggestions/category/18991-improved-experience

Best regards,

Emilie C', Jan 19, 2020
  3. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...

Read Password Protected Zip, PDF, and Office Files

I don't know if this is an app or just part of Windows Phone 8, itself. But, when I try to open a password protected zip archive, WP8 nicely opens the archive. But, when I then select the file in the archive to open, it just comes back saying there was
    a problem. IOW, it can't handle password protected zip files. Is there any way to read these in WP8?

EDIT: Well, from this:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...d-to-be-able-to-open-a-password-protected-doc

it looks like it's not just my inability to figure things out that's the problem: it's a Windows Phone 8 issue. And, as I noted in the above thread, it's even worse. Not only can WP8 not open password protected archives (zip files), the Office app that comes
    with it can't open password protected Office files. That's just silly (well, I used some different terms when I figured it out).

For goodness sake, Microsoft. This is a mobile platform. I'm syncing my data from the cloud via your un-secure SkyDrive service (which is a different thread). WP8 has GOT to be capable of handling protected files. Out. Of. The. Box.

EDIT 2: I've now tried opening an encrypted PDF on my Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8 device) with Microsoft's PDF Reader app. Like their "File Browser" (whatever it's called) not being able to open encrypted zip files, and their Office app not being able to open
    password protected Office documents, now I find that their PDF reader doesn't open encrypted PDFs.

oreveredrist, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...

1. Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File... - Similar Threads - Lost Password Protection

2. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  3. Password-protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  4. upgrade from Office Home and Business 2013 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Office Home and Business 2013 to Windows 10: I need to upgrade my laptop for my new virtual job. I currently have Office Home and Business 2013 on it and need to upgrade it to Windows 10. Is this possible? I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5153....
  5. Can't "Password Protect" NEW files using Microsoft Office - Home & Business 2013

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't "Password Protect" NEW files using Microsoft Office - Home & Business 2013: My previous description of the problem was not correct. Current files & folders continue to be "Password Protected." Good. The correct issues is: any NEW file I create and try to SAVE.....there is no way to "Password Protect" the new document. The...
  6. Office home & Business 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office home & Business 2013: My laptop went to computer home in the sky. I purchased a new laptop. Office H & B 2013 gives me an invalid product key when I try to install. I had Windows 10 on my old laptop and it worked fine. What's wrong?? I am comfortable with this program and would like to stick...
  7. Office Home and Business 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home and Business 2010: I purchased this product from Ebay. When I'm in Word and need to use the taskbar I keep getting an error message that says I need to purchase. I entered the product key code and it still won't give me access. What do I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks...
  8. office 2013 home student

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    office 2013 home student: I have been using office 2013 for a number of years and have a significant number of excel and word files in the document section of each applications. I tried to open my office program today and was advised that, in order to open any number of excel files I would have to...
  9. Reinstalled Windows 10 and lost Office Home and Business 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled Windows 10 and lost Office Home and Business 2013: We reinstalled Windows 10 because our family laptop was running so slowly. Most software is still there but Office 13 has disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. We can't find the CD or the product key. Why didn't we get a warning that this might happen!...
  10. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013: I plan on buying 2 Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 programs: one for my win10 laptop & one for my Win10 desktop. --- Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account in order to install & use Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016? If I sell or replace either or both...