Windows 10: lost my pictures

Discus and support lost my pictures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just got a new computer and tried to restore all my files, including my photos, from my old PC backup. I got EVERYTHIGN EXCEPT my photoes. Are they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryLaBounty, Dec 16, 2020.

1. lost my pictures

Just got a new computer and tried to restore all my files, including my photos, from my old PC backup. I got EVERYTHIGN EXCEPT my photoes. Are they there and I just don't see them or are they GONE! Am I missing something?

:)

GaryLaBounty, Dec 16, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 16, 2020
  4. lost my pictures

LOST PICTURES

Hi Wendy,

There is a possibility that the photos were moved to a different location or folder. This usually occurs if there has been a recent change made or updates installed on your PC. To help us provide a solution, please answer the following:

• Have you recently updated your PC or changed any settings? If yes, please follow the steps in this support page article for the suggested solutions:
      Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Regardless if you've made any changes or not, we would still encourage you to try the solutions in the article. Once you're done, hit us back and let us know the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

lost my pictures

1. lost my pictures - Similar Threads - lost pictures

2. How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?: So, I was cleaning out my computer to make more storage space for it, and I accidentally deleted a folder containing pictures from a digital camera that I currently own. They were pictures from a Canon PowerShot A95 Camera, which I know is an older camera, but I was still...
  3. How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a lost folder containing lost pictures?: So, I was cleaning out my computer to make more storage space for it, and I accidentally deleted a folder containing pictures from a digital camera that I currently own. They were pictures from a Canon PowerShot A95 Camera, which I know is an older camera, but I was still...
  4. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  5. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  6. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  8. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  9. After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...

After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...: After recent Micro soft up-date and restart have 'lost 'Task Bar' and 'Desk Top Picture' is now enlarged and off centre. how can these be recovered?...
  10. After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...: After recent Micro soft up-date and restart have 'lost 'Task Bar' and 'Desk Top Picture' is now enlarged and off centre. how can these be recovered?...