Windows 10: Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one

Discus and support Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Was working away this am and my printers all dissapeared from my listing and when i try and add a new one it freezes and when i try and click on one in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WendyGlover, May 7, 2019.

1. Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one

Was working away this am and my printers all dissapeared from my listing and when i try and add a new one it freezes and when i try and click on one in the control panel it freezes. very frustrated as the only thing that has changed in the last week was office 365 update.

:)

WendyGlover, May 7, 2019

2. Unable to access Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer with error: "Printer queue is full" on Windows 10

Hi Wesley,

As you are facing issues with accessing the printer after upgrading to Windows 10 with error: Print queue is full, we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps on desktop device and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 3: To Manually Clear and Reset Print Spooler Queue follow:

Stop the service.
    • Close the window.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2019
  3. Unable to access Wireless printer on Windows 10

Hi Santos,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience your facing with accessing printer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you tried to connected the printer via wired connection and check?
    • Did you connect this printer to different computer and check?
    • Were you able to see any error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to remove printer drivers from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.
    Try to install the right drivers for the Printer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service
    and check.

Description: Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.

If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article about “Fix
    printer problems
    ” and check if it helps

Section: Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

4. Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thema:

Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one

1. Lost my printers and now freezes every time i try and access one - Similar Threads - Lost printers freezes

2. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...: I’m watching every single tortilla and find out there is more problems that are arising i tried resetting my pc bc I wanna clean out the unnecessary things and I can’t run any game every time I try to load it up it crashes and can’t open and files that I’ve made having...
  3. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...: I’m watching every single tortilla and find out there is more problems that are arising i tried resetting my pc bc I wanna clean out the unnecessary things and I can’t run any game every time I try to load it up it crashes and can’t open and files that I’ve made having...
  4. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  6. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  7. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  9. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  10. Windows 10 freezes every time i try to start up my pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes every time i try to start up my pc: When I turn on my windows 10 pc, i get a blue screen with a few different options to choose from. I have tried factory resetting my pc in hopes that windows would reinstall itself and maybe fix my issue, but it seems it made things worse. If I attempt to proceed to windows...