Windows 10: Lost my SSD

Discus and support Lost my SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, got a problem with my SSD drive. Today I got a popup telling me that I need to restart my computer because of an upgrade. Since today is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sven1458, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Sven1458 Win User

Lost my SSD

Hi all, got a problem with my SSD drive.
    Today I got a popup telling me that I need to restart my
    computer because of an upgrade. Since today is Friday, I suspected that it
    would be the upgrade to ver.1809 and not a normal Tuesday update. Turns out I was
    correct.
    So before I let windows upgrade, I wanted to make an image
    of drive 0 with Macrium. At this time my second drive, divided into 3
    partitions, was working fine. I set up Macrium to place the image on my drive 1
    and after about 2 minutes it beeps at me and tells me it cannot write to it. No
    big deal, I use my external drive and did the backup.
    I then went into Disk management and found out that disk 1
    is listed as unknown and not initialized.
    I right click on it and select initialize disk. A popup tells me to
    select the disk, it is already selected and MBR is selected and I press OK. Another
    popup tells me “the system cannot find the file specified”
    I have a backup off what was on that disk, so I am not
    worried about losing anything, but how do I get my disk back?
    Thanks

:)

Sven1458, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Lost my SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 23, 2019
  3. I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 23, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

Lost my SSD

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Lost my SSD

1. Lost my SSD - Similar Threads - Lost SSD

2. SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset: Hi all,My laptop was crashing VERY regularly. I decided to factory reset it and I set that process going. Midway through the reset the laptop crashed. When I tried to turn it on again it said it couldn't boot. I assume windows was half deleted or something.I downloaded a new...
  3. SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset: Hi all,My laptop was crashing VERY regularly. I decided to factory reset it and I set that process going. Midway through the reset the laptop crashed. When I tried to turn it on again it said it couldn't boot. I assume windows was half deleted or something.I downloaded a new...
  4. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....: hi,my laptop hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key. how can I get my product key again? Please need help....
  5. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....: hi,my laptop hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key. how can I get my product key again? Please need help....
  6. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.: Greetings. I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and it was all working fine till yesterday. The computer suddenly was very slow since yesterday's boot-up. I couldn't do any of my work. A single click would take half a minute to go through. I thought, "screw it, let's just...
  8. SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.

SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.: Greetings. I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and it was all working fine till yesterday. The computer suddenly was very slow since yesterday's boot-up. I couldn't do any of my work. A single click would take half a minute to go through. I thought, "screw it, let's just...
  9. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...
  10. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...