Windows 10: Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.

Discus and support Lost "my stuff" option in the search window. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first updated to Windows 10 there was an option to click on "my stuff" when using the search window. This has now disappeared and I really would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by irisk1, Aug 18, 2016.

1. irisk1 Win User

Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.

When I first updated to Windows 10 there was an option to click on "my stuff" when using the search window. This has now disappeared and I really would like it back. Can anyone help please?
    Thanks

:)

irisk1, Aug 18, 2016

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Aug 18, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, it's part of the design change in the Anniversary Upgrade, it seems. It's gone. (Like 'All apps' in the start menu which many also ask about). You now have buttons for searching 'Documents' Apps' 'Videos' etc

Note Cortana searching files and folders has limitations:
    1. Only indexed items are found
    2. executables (exe, cmd, bat..) are not.

Good file /folder search programs are
    Ultrasearch
    Everything (Void tools)
    Locate32
    - all free, very fast. As fast as you can type.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    I'll cast a vote for Voidtools Everything aka Search Everything. I've been using it on all of my production Windows PCs for years and it works like a charm for me.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 18, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    ..if so, v1.4 beta given the extra GUI options.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
  7. DRQ
    DRQ Win User
    Sadly the productivity of windows search has been compromised step by step with each major update of win10.
    The Anniversary update finally killed it by disabling the possibility of opening indexed search results in a folder window.
    I'm evaluating x-1 right now, but still the luxury and power of windows search in win7 is hard to match..(search results in a folder window with one strike of the enter key after typing the search string!)
    I hope that Microsoft developers will follow this thread because they are designing out one of the most powerful and productive features of the winOS.
    I am vexed.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so.

8. dalchina New Member

- search results are 'find as you type'
    - right click on a result, Open File Location
    - unlikely- try Feedback via Win 10 or reporting your observations on MS's technet site, for example

dalchina, Aug 30, 2016
  9. irisk1 Win User
    Thanks for all replies. Looks like "my stuff " has permanently gone, never to be seen again! Pity!

irisk1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost "my stuff" option in the search window. - Similar Threads - Lost stuff option

2. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost my search ability.: Lost my ability to search with the search bar. Defender anti virus turns off. Black DOS screens pop up durring boot. Machine acts strange, slow at times. Using W10 64 bit with latest updates. Error code OX 80070483....
  3. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my search ability.: Lost my ability to search with the search bar. Defender anti virus turns off. Black DOS screens pop up durring boot. Machine acts strange, slow at times. Using W10 64 bit with latest updates. Error code OX 80070483....
  4. Lost my search ability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Have lost all my favorites and other stuff

in Windows 10 Support
    Have lost all my favorites and other stuff: I have just been trying to get a wifi extender to work and restarted the computer to find all my bookmarks have gone even the list of all the saved ones - any ideas how I can restore the problem? 165173
  6. Have lost my search box

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Have lost my search box: Following installing the latest updates I have lost the Type here to search box function - any ideas please? 164084
  7. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...
  8. "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box: Hi, I am a former Windows 7 Ultimate user who upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am having some major problems with the Search feature which renders Windows mostly unusable. The problem consists of the following, in order: 1. Windows Search rebuilds the index with "We're...
  9. "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.

in Windows 10 Support
    "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.: Code: Windows 10 Anniversary[/quote] When i search, my PC looks like this: [img] It used to look like this: [img] I used to be able to turn Cortana off and then back on, and "My Stuff" would return, but that's not working anymore I have no idea why...
  10. I lost stuff after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost stuff after a reboot: Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search my stuff option