Windows 10: Lost my user folder

Discus and support Lost my user folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the process of moving some of my user folders to another drive Documents, Music, Videos, etc. I somehow seem to have lost the root user folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnLauterjung, May 17, 2020.

1. Lost my user folder

In the process of moving some of my user folders to another drive Documents, Music, Videos, etc. I somehow seem to have lost the root user folder containing my appdata, roaming, local, etc. folders. I tried opening file explorer and typing in %userprofile% and the result came back as all those folders being in my One Drive. How do I get them back to C:\Users\myname ?

:)

JohnLauterjung, May 17, 2020
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, May 17, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 17, 2020
  4. Lost my user folder

Lost User Account

After upgrading from Window 7 to 10, I lost my wife's User Account got messed up, using my email address and login password, with no ability to change them. I received the reply below, but still have problems:

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-

4. Paste all those copied files here.

I tried to create a new user account as in Step 1, but when I put in the command as written above, I kept getting messages about correct syntax for the command. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I
    then tried to set up a new account using the Settings/Accounts/"Add someone else to this PC" menu. I set up the account, but no folder was created under C:\Users\. I tried adding a folder using the new accounts user name and transferred the files from the
    other account. When I tried to log in, I received the same error message. I am at a loss as to how to get back the user account with the correct username, email address, and password. HELP!!!

LouisHafken, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Lost my user folder

1. Lost my user folder - Similar Threads - Lost user folder

2. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost documents folder for a user: I had unstalled miniconda and noticed my documents folder is gone with all the python notebooks! how do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents-folder-for-a-user/fa926e37-d687-44b4-974f-09f8870995c3
  3. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost documents folder for a user: I had unstalled miniconda and noticed my documents folder is gone with all the python notebooks! how do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents-folder-for-a-user/fa926e37-d687-44b4-974f-09f8870995c3
  4. Lost documents folder for a user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Lost my folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my folder: I was transferring my photos from my android to windows. I cut and pasted photos in one folder from my phone to laptop and it was successful but after that while trying to transfer the remaining videos to the same folder some error came and the videos were not transferred and...
  6. Lost my folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my folder: I was transferring my photos from my android to windows. I cut and pasted photos in one folder from my phone to laptop and it was successful but after that while trying to transfer the remaining videos to the same folder some error came and the videos were not transferred and...
  7. Lost my folder

8. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...: Pls help submitted by /u/Delete-JakePaul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jibqp2/my_user_folder_has_just_disappeared_not_the_users/
  9. Lost User Folder/Data

Lost User Folder/Data: Hi! Please pardon my total and complete ignorance! I noticed my user folder name was truncated or so I thought from Gaston to Gasto . I tried renaming it and ended up having to reload all my apps and links. that didn't work. I noticed it was truncated to "gasto" again...
  10. Lost Users folder

Lost Users folder: In the properties for my C:\Users\ten24 folder, I checked "Hidden", hoping to be able to get to my AppData file. I wasn't paying attention to what happened after that, but now the ten24 folder is gone, with all of the files in Documents, etc. Is there someway for me to...