Windows 10: lost my wifi

Discus and support lost my wifi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just updated from 18282 to 18290 and now I can’t use my WiFi. Instead of the bar icon in my traybar I have world icon and every time I try to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Breeze Dorling, Nov 28, 2018.

1. lost my wifi

Just updated from 18282 to 18290 and now I can’t use my WiFi. Instead of the bar icon in my traybar I have world icon and every time I try to connect to my WiFi it’s says unable to connect to network.

I tried to turn off my WiFi and turn back on but didn’t work and I tried to reset my computer but nope. yes my wifi is on and my router is working. I cant roll back to 18282 cuz I have my restore points disabled and every time I get a new build I do a COMPLETE system cleanup (right click on my c drive/properties/disk clean-up/clean-up system files/check all [including previous Windows installations]/clean)

Anybody else have this problem? What do I do?

:)

Breeze Dorling, Nov 28, 2018

2. I have lost my wifi ability. My device manager has no network adapter listed.

I have lost my wifi ability.

My device manager has no network adapter listed.

It seems I am not alone in this predicament (thanks Windows 10!).

Any suggestions gratefully received

jeffery_939, Nov 28, 2018
  3. rob1618 Win User
    Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Nov 28, 2018
  4. cheetahfm Win User

lost my wifi

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

lost my wifi

1. lost my wifi - Similar Threads - lost wifi

2. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  3. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  4. My Wifi is Lost/Missing after Blue Screen even after i'm shutting down my laptop

My Wifi is Lost/Missing after Blue Screen even after i'm shutting down my laptop: Hi, i've been using ASUS-X441U for nearly 6-7 years, and i've this problem since 2020 i think.So Basically this trouble has happened hundreds of times, after my laptop goes Blue Screen or after i'm shutting down my laptop, my wifi is missing, like real missing, the network is...
  5. My Wifi is Lost/Missing after Blue Screen even after i'm shutting down my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi is Lost/Missing after Blue Screen even after i'm shutting down my laptop: Hi, i've been using ASUS-X441U for nearly 6-7 years, and i've this problem since 2020 i think.So Basically this trouble has happened hundreds of times, after my laptop goes Blue Screen or after i'm shutting down my laptop, my wifi is missing, like real missing, the network is...
  6. My Wifi is Lost/Missing after Blue Screen even after i'm shutting down my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Lost WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost WiFi: I have lost WiFi on my lenovo laptop but it is worki ng elsewhere in the house. Can you help as this a work laptop and I need it working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi/a17c2bf9-b82e-41b7-8352-ede0614b2a39
  8. Lost WiFi

Lost WiFi: I have lost WiFi on my lenovo laptop but it is worki ng elsewhere in the house. Can you help as this a work laptop and I need it working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi/a17c2bf9-b82e-41b7-8352-ede0614b2a39
  9. Lost Wifi after PC snoozed

Lost Wifi after PC snoozed: Hi all. So I left my desktop pc on, went to grab some lunch. About an hour later I come back to my desk and my screens are off as is typical. But this time when the pc wakes up my I have no internet. In the task bar I have the globe symbol stating no connections are...
  10. Lost Wifi after PC snoozed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Wifi after PC snoozed: Hi all. So I left my desktop pc on, went to grab some lunch. About an hour later I come back to my desk and my screens are off as is typical. But this time when the pc wakes up my I have no internet. In the task bar I have the globe symbol stating no connections are...