Windows 10: Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard...

Discus and support Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I lost my windows 10 laptop recently and have been trying to trace the location using the find my device. The laptop came online once and i could see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NarendraNath Jha, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard...

I lost my windows 10 laptop recently and have been trying to trace the location using the find my device. The laptop came online once and i could see the last seen location and time. Can i still view the last seen location if the hard drive has been removed or my account has been removed from the device? Will i still view the last seen location if new os is installed into the device and the old os is removed or the device is reset?

:)

NarendraNath Jha, Jul 4, 2018

2. Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard drive is removed or my account is removed from the device??

I lost my windows 10 laptop recently and have been trying to trace the location using the find my device. The laptop came online once and i could see the last seen location and time. Can i still view the last seen location if the hard drive has been removed
    or my account has been removed from the device? Will i still view the last seen location if new os is installed into the device and the old os is removed or the device is reset?

NarendraNath Jha, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Locate device

Hello,

Are these the steps you're doing when trying to locate your device?

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      . If you're asked to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in to the lost device.
    • Choose your device from the list, then select Find my device.
    • You'll see a map with a highlighted location. However, this may not be your device's current location. When a Microsoft device is turned on, we periodically save your device location, so check the
      Last seen at timestamp.
    • In the meantime, we'll automatically start a new search. Wait a bit and the new device location should appear.

You can also have the option of locking the device to render it useless unless that the person knows your credentials. Here's how:

• When you find your device on the map, select Lock > Next.
    • Type a lock-screen message for anyone who finds your device to see.
    • Select Lock. Note that anyone who finds your locked device can't sign in unless they are an admin for a Microsoft account already on the device.
    Reset your password
    Once your device is locked, you should reset your password for added security. Select
    Reset password and follow the instructions.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard...

Network master browser lost to a linux device, how to disable it ?

My NAS box lost it's position as the Master Server browser on our network. The device that picked up this role, is Linux based. How do I achieve the following Windows instructions as per this page, but in Linux?

Norton Internet Security™ - Web Security & Protection for Your PC

And if it cannot be done in Linux, how do I hard force a device to pick up the browser role? The NAS box is also Linux.

And any suggestions for how to avoid this happening in the future, or a quick fix if there is one?

newconroer, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard...

1. Lost my windows 10 device. Will i get the Last seen location of the device after the hard... - Similar Threads - Lost device Last

2. lost device with location disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost device with location disabled: how to find a device with a location that is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-device-with-location-disabled/cb0320e0-81b7-4dd1-86f4-0edea496755d
  3. lost device with location disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost device with location disabled: how to find a device with a location that is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-device-with-location-disabled/cb0320e0-81b7-4dd1-86f4-0edea496755d
  4. How to see last seen location of device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to see last seen location of device?: HelloMy laptop Gf65thin has been stolen this night, at the morning I check my Microsoft account > Devices, I tried to Find Devices and it show the location, looks like the thief launched my laptop.But, after awhile, I try to refresh the location and look like my laptop has...
  5. How to see last seen location of device?

How to see last seen location of device?: HelloMy laptop Gf65thin has been stolen this night, at the morning I check my Microsoft account > Devices, I tried to Find Devices and it show the location, looks like the thief launched my laptop.But, after awhile, I try to refresh the location and look like my laptop has...
  6. Locating lost device when locations disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locating lost device when locations disabled: Hey Guys <3 I need help locating my stolen laptop but it says they turned location off. Is there anything I can do to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-lost-device-when-locations-disabled/4ccf9197-df15-496b-b081-0fbc3cabe9b4
  7. Locating lost device when locations disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locating lost device when locations disabled: Hey Guys <3 I need help locating my stolen laptop but it says they turned location off. Is there anything I can do to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-lost-device-when-locations-disabled/4ccf9197-df15-496b-b081-0fbc3cabe9b4
  8. Locating lost device when locations disabled

9. How to find Lost device if location is disable from the device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find Lost device if location is disable from the device?: Hai everybody, i lost my laptop last monday, but my device location is disable, how to find it with other way? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-lost-device-if-location-is-disable/50959328-aef9-43e9-8d15-a3170d7e644f
  10. Location of a device after last update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location of a device after last update.: Hello. My laptop was stolen on the 14th of November, but it was last updated on 15th November on windows 10. Can the location of the laptop be identified with the last update? Or how else can i find my lost device if that is not possible?...