Windows 10: Lost my windows 10 product key.

Discus and support Lost my windows 10 product key. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have dual boot with on my pc (linux and windows 10) and I accidentally wiped my windows 10 partition (stupid I know). I would like to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdenAbitbol, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Lost my windows 10 product key.

I have dual boot with on my pc (linux and windows 10) and I accidentally wiped my windows 10 partition (stupid I know). I would like to reinstall windows 10 (which I purchased some time in 2016) which, from what I understand, I can do by downloading the .iso files onto a boot usb drive from the windows website. The problem is that I can't find my product key.

I wiped my windows partition so I can't retrieve it from my computer anymore. I can't find my boot drive that microsoft sent me when I purchased it. I can't find the box the boot drive came in where the card containing my product key was located. I didn't get any confirmation email containing the product key when I purchased it (only a confirmation of purchase). When I check my previous orders on the windows store it only shows the order number. And when I check my registered devices in my microsoft account I see the device that windows 10 was installed on but no information about the product key. What I do have is my product ID but as far as I know there is no way of retrieving my product key just by supplying my product ID.

I think the only solution would be that microsoft somehow retrieves my product key from it's archives after validating my purchase or sends me another activation key.

I tried contacting microsoft support but the automated virtual assistants can't seem to understand my problem and after trying valiantly (without success) to get into contact with a real person for a few minutes I just gave up.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Any help would be really appreciated.

Eden

:)

EdenAbitbol, Jun 28, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 28, 2019
  4. NDIBEMADU Win User

Lost my windows 10 product key.

Lost of Product Key

I bought my Laptop in July 2015 with the Home and Student Microsoft Word. When I refreshed my computer I lost the Product key and I could not find the CD that contain the product key. What shall I do please suggest and help.

NDIBEMADU, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Lost my windows 10 product key.

1. Lost my windows 10 product key. - Similar Threads - Lost product key

2. lost my product key windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost my product key windows 10: cannot activate my windows 10 can t find the activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-product-key-windows-10/ade891ff-641b-4bcb-9582-fac0f582b303
  3. lost my product key windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my product key windows 10: cannot activate my windows 10 can t find the activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-product-key-windows-10/ade891ff-641b-4bcb-9582-fac0f582b303
  4. lost my product key windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost my windows 10 product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my windows 10 product Key: My window 10 home had a product key pre-install in my laptop but i restart my laptop then my window key was removed from my laptop i tried recover using my mail but some other key get on my laptop Product ID 00331-10000-00000-AA397 used mail to link my product key : *** Email...
  6. Lost my windows 10 product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my windows 10 product Key: My window 10 home had a product key pre-install in my laptop but i restart my laptop then my window key was removed from my laptop i tried recover using my mail but some other key get on my laptop Product ID 00331-10000-00000-AA397 used mail to link my product key : *** Email...
  7. Lost my windows 10 product Key

8. My product key is lost.

My product key is lost.: I am not able to find my serial/product key, it is not in my emails, and I threw away my box. Can my problem be solved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-is-lost/6f172b68-0400-480e-b424-eac833b2b55f
  9. Lost my product key

Lost my product key: I don't have my windows product key anymore and its asking me to relicence my windows .. It won't let me get past the product key entry point with zero other options. I now can't open email or any of my office applications. I have no idea what to do next. Anyone help on...
  10. Lost my product key

Lost my product key: I need your help. Don’t know where to find it. Thank you, S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-product-key/74c897be-52fe-45c1-aa1c-111d9897ef98"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i lost my windows 10 activation key

2. i wiped windows and lost my product key