Windows 10: Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

Discus and support Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Katherine Walker, May 17, 2022.

1. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he got this windows from and have no way of contacting him to access the activation key he used. In the Activation section of the Update&Security in the settings, no product key is displayed, and the activation status just says "Windows is activated", so I assumed it is no digital copy, meaning the new windows, after reinstallation, won't activate itself automatically, am I right? That is why I am afraid I do need the key. Here are method's I've

:)

Katherine Walker, May 17, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 17, 2022
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 17, 2022
  4. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

1. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10. - Similar Threads - Lost activation key

2. Lost windows 10 activation key email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 activation key email: I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition last August. I got the email but couldn't install it right because I didn't have time. Now I went looking for the email I but couldn't find it. What is the way to recover this activation key?PS. I read the in the other post that was...
  3. Lost windows 10 activation key email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost windows 10 activation key email: I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition last August. I got the email but couldn't install it right because I didn't have time. Now I went looking for the email I but couldn't find it. What is the way to recover this activation key?PS. I read the in the other post that was...
  4. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.: Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he got this windows from and have no way of contacting him to access the activation key he used. In the Activation section of the...
  5. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.: Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he got this windows from and have no way of contacting him to access the activation key he used. In the Activation section of the...
  6. Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

Lost activation key after reinstalling windows: Hi, A few days ago when I turned my PC it went to a blue screen and I had an "Error code 0xc000001 - Recovery: Your PC Couldn't Start Properly" - I have tried everything the internet offered to fix this problem but it didn't help and I had no choice but reinstalling the...
  7. Lost Windows 10 Activation Key

Lost Windows 10 Activation Key: Hi, I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home product off of Amazon, complete in box. I didn't realize the activation key was on paper in the box and threw it all away. When I inserted the activation media, it prompted me with the watermark in the bottom right corner asking for...
  8. Need to reinstall Windows 10 but cannot find Activation Key

Need to reinstall Windows 10 but cannot find Activation Key: I need to rebuild my computer but unfortunately, I cannot find the disk or activation keys for my Windows 10 computer. Is there a way I can retrieve it without buying another license?...
  9. Windows 10 Activation Key Lost

Windows 10 Activation Key Lost: Hello, I recently upgraded my computers motherboard, cpu, and ram. I've had problems with windows in the past, the most recent issue prior to windows randomly deactivating during a game of Borderlands 3 last night was when my SSD that came with my pre-build kicked the bucket....
  10. Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key

Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key: Have had trouble with corruption on my hard drive. After boot time repair, Windows 10 thinks it is no longer activated and I cannot find any information on my product key. I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 several years ago. How in. Any ideas where that key...