Windows 10: Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop

Discus and support Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently, i upgrade my laptop by using ssd instead of hdd. i also upgrade my ram. but before i do all of that, i forgot to log in my microsoft account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SyahiraAthirah, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop

Recently, i upgrade my laptop by using ssd instead of hdd. i also upgrade my ram. but before i do all of that, i forgot to log in my microsoft account, hence i lost my built-in windows. How can i get back my windows? Is there alternative? currently, i'm using trial version of windows or smthg because it appears my license key has expired.

:)

SyahiraAthirah, Jun 18, 2020

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Jun 18, 2020
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jun 18, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop

n-ster, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop

1. Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop - Similar Threads - Lost upgrade laptop

2. After an upgrade I have lost my documents and everything in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an upgrade I have lost my documents and everything in it: I seem to have lost My Documents file and everything in it. This appears to have happened after a recent program upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-upgrade-i-have-lost-my-documents-and/6ed9d934-a033-44ee-a741-c7299f7375a6
  3. After an upgrade I have lost my documents and everything in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After an upgrade I have lost my documents and everything in it: I seem to have lost My Documents file and everything in it. This appears to have happened after a recent program upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-upgrade-i-have-lost-my-documents-and/6ed9d934-a033-44ee-a741-c7299f7375a6
  4. After resetting my laptop, I lost my windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting my laptop, I lost my windows 10 license: My windows 10 home license gone missing on my laptop after resetting due to av errors. The Microsoft product key tool that was found is not accepted by activation center. How can I activated my laptop now?...
  5. After resetting my laptop, I lost my windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After resetting my laptop, I lost my windows 10 license: My windows 10 home license gone missing on my laptop after resetting due to av errors. The Microsoft product key tool that was found is not accepted by activation center. How can I activated my laptop now?...
  6. After resetting my laptop, I lost my windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I lost my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my laptop: Hi. I never used my windows 10 laptop in months. Here is the name: WINDOWS-AISLVN9. It is lost and no where : * Moved from Mobile Devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-laptop/898c1844-849d-4bea-9171-e73bcff83fbf
  8. Lost all my files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my files after upgrade: My laptop undertook an automatic upgrade yesterday and now I cannot find any of my previously saved documents and files - photos and many word document. I have tried looking in the C drive and users - all folders empty. How can I recover these many files that I thought I...
  9. After Upgrade to Windows 10, I lost my Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Upgrade to Windows 10, I lost my Microsoft Office: How do I get my windows 7 back? When I upgraded I lost all my Office Package (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint, etc.). [Original Title: Windows 10 vs. 7]...
  10. Lost my Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my Laptop: I lost my laptop and is switched off. Is it possible to get a notification about its location as soon as my laptop is connected to internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-laptop/3975da6c-99bd-47c3-b5a4-e3e1b5065f9f"