Windows 10: Lost my Windows disk thus activation key, what can I do?

Discus and support Lost my Windows disk thus activation key, what can I do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Like 4 years ago I bought a windows 7 disc, later upgraded to windows 10, and have since lost my windows activation key. I made a lot of Pc Upgrades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zelk.-., Oct 24, 2019.

1. Zelk.-. Win User

Lost my Windows disk thus activation key, what can I do?

Like 4 years ago I bought a windows 7 disc, later upgraded to windows 10, and have since lost my windows activation key.

I made a lot of Pc Upgrades recently, cpu, motherboard, and SSD. And I'm not sure what caused it, either the new motherboard or transferring windows to my SSD, but I need to activate my windows and I don't have my activation key.

What can I do?

:)

Zelk.-., Oct 24, 2019

2. lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

So Windows is already installed and refuses to activiate or are you not getting through the install because you don't have to key to put in the boxes?

If you were never prompted for a key, the key is embeded in the install disk. You can retrieve the key via the registry.

If the activation wizard is being bitchy as usual, it gives you the phone number you have to call. Call them up, explain your situation, and they'll give you what you need to make it go away.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Tartaros Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost my Windows disk thus activation key, what can I do? - Similar Threads - Lost disk thus

2. What can I do to activate my windows 10 with a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What can I do to activate my windows 10 with a product key: I bought 2 product key for windows 10. My computer is windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 4239 and already has a product key inside that can't be activated with the error code: 0x8007232B saying it can't connect to the organization's activation server it's a computer that...
  3. i have lost my activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have lost my activation key: i have lost my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-activation-key/d8f7474f-74e7-4c4f-8247-9a153cf4e6f8
  4. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?: On my windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user named HP, on my next startup, user HP appeared on the lock screen and the old password do not work. What can I do? I didn't had my Microsoft account signed in on this laptop....
  5. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?

I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?: On my windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user named HP, on my next startup, user HP appeared on the lock screen and the old password do not work. What can I do? I didn't had my Microsoft account signed in on this laptop....
  6. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. What can I do?: On my windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user named HP, on my next startup, user HP appeared on the lock screen and the old password do not work. What can I do?...
  7. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. what can i do? For Dell Latitude...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. what can i do? For Dell Latitude...: Hi, Its been quite long since i forgot my window login detail. I tried several ways to log in but failed in attempts. Without having password reset disk, can't try the option of resetting password with the flash drive. And there isn't any security questions as well. So anyone...
  8. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. what can i do? For Dell Latitude...

I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. what can i do? For Dell Latitude...: Hi, Its been quite long since i forgot my window login detail. I tried several ways to log in but failed in attempts. Without having password reset disk, can't try the option of resetting password with the flash drive. And there isn't any security questions as well. So anyone...
  9. I have lost my password and do not have a reset disk. what can i do? For Dell Latitude...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I lost windows 10 activation key and my hard disk crushed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost windows 10 activation key and my hard disk crushed: Dear All, I bought a Thinkpad x260 from Europe, but I am living in Bangladesh. From Bangladesh, there is no way to contact technical support over the phone. My laptop's papers lost and only service tag no. I have. Recently my laptop's Hard Disk crushed. How can I retrieve...