Windows 10: Lost My windows key or digital license

Discus and support Lost My windows key or digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leandro Medeiros afegão, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Lost My windows key or digital license

i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows serial key is..not sure wich one i have...

:)

Leandro Medeiros afegão, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Clark Ari Win User

printed emails of digital licenses lost in flood

Hi Ann,

Digital License is received or attached to your Microsoft account whenever your
    computer was upgraded from a previous version of Windows. This license is stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers. If you upgrade
    from a retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 and 8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade, the license is stored in it and Windows 10 will carry that licensing too.

If in case that you purchase Windows 10 Pro through the
    Windows
    Store, you may check account.microsoft.com, then click on the
    Services & Subscription tab to view all your purchased products and subscriptions. To view your product key or digital license, you may also follow these steps:

• Go to Order history,
      then select Product key/Install.
    • Select Copy to copy the key, then select Install.
    • Select Download tool now, and follow the instructions.
    • A wizard will help you through the steps to install.

If in case your digital license or product key is not visible, we recommend this time that you contact our
    Accounts & billing team so they can provide you assistance and recommendation about your issue.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Nov 8, 2019
  3. JOACOCO Win User
    digital license

Thanks for your suggestion. I solved the problem with my License Key with Belarc Advisor Software. The Digital License code was a numeration that Microsoft Corporation has given to all that have Windows Account specially to those that has free upgraded
    to Windows 10. Under the Digital License appears the original code.

JOACOCO, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Lost My windows key or digital license

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Lost My windows key or digital license

1. Lost My windows key or digital license - Similar Threads - Lost key digital

2. Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro: My computer was reset to factory settings. I now get a message stating I don't have a valid digital license or product key. Does this information reside on the computer somewhere?...
  3. Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key

Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key: I bought a laptop (lenovo ideapad 310) from someone and I used it for 2 years with a genuine windows installed in it. Few months ago, I reinstalled my windows due to some viral problem, and now I can't get it activated since I don't have digital product key. Furthermore, I...
  4. Digital license & product key details

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital license & product key details: How do I upgrade Windows 10 (this was from Windows 8 via free upgrade) without digital license & product key details? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-product-key-details/05423716-e1dd-42ee-97a9-ed981b2aaa35
  5. Where is my digital license?

Where is my digital license?: Trying to activate another device. Settings on my other device says it's linked to my Microsoft account. But won't tell me which one. When I log into the one I know, it doesn't tell me anything....
  6. Lost windows 10 License key

Lost windows 10 License key: I had a windows 10 instance on a Parallels VM. The disk on the mac was corrupted. cannot find the key unless this is it M7XTWF-40V0QZ-0GKVV2-928FPR-KW5A04 thank you...
  7. digital license of my windows tablet

digital license of my windows tablet: My Asus T300 Chi, 2 in 1 tablet, have an issue and I don't know how to fix it. The tablet was bought with a windows 8 , upgrade it to windows 10 , without any issue , until recently my external hdd was not recognize anymore. I try a lot of methods to fix it , and...
  8. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  9. I have lost my license key

I have lost my license key: Hi,everyone..I have a stupid question. A year ago, in march 2015, I think, I used to have Windows 10 technical preview on my laptop and I was given a key. A few months later I went back to Windows 7,and last week I decided to install Windows 10 again, but I made a clean...
  10. one digit lost from key

one digit lost from key: Hello I hope this is the right place to post this question,I purchased a OEM Win 10 64 bit pro disk which arrived today ,the activation key was covered in a grey strip just like a scratch card,well it was very difficult to remove this grey strip and I have rubbed out the lead...