Windows 10: Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing

Discus and support Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've used Windows 10 for more than year without any problem. Yesterday I decided to reinstall it beside other OS and, by accident, I erase all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marcus.Vinicius.Santos, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing

Hello,

I've used Windows 10 for more than year without any problem. Yesterday I decided to reinstall it beside other OS and, by accident, I erase all the disk data - along Windows installation and its license number.

Is there any chance of recovering it in order to do a fresh install again?

ps.: I think I don't have the notebook box with the written key anymore, so I thought if I could recover it with my Microsoft account.

Thanks for the attention,

:)

Marcus.Vinicius.Santos, Jan 29, 2019
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Jan 29, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing

1. Lost my Windows license after accidental disk erasing - Similar Threads - Lost license accidental

2. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my windows license.: So I was having trouble and none of Microsoft recommendations were working so I decided to completely reset my desktop, but when I booted it back up I had no windows 10 license and Microsoft wants me to buy it again, Can anyone help me?...
  3. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my windows license.: So I was having trouble and none of Microsoft recommendations were working so I decided to completely reset my desktop, but when I booted it back up I had no windows 10 license and Microsoft wants me to buy it again, Can anyone help me?...
  4. I lost my windows license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lost license after complete reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost license after complete reset: I have license in my Microsoft account that I link before and after upgrading to Windows 10 for free. Now the laptop died and I build a new one. This PC is made by parts and have link the account that I have. Its the one that I used before but my Windows is not activated. I...
  6. Lost license after complete reset

Lost license after complete reset: I have license in my Microsoft account that I link before and after upgrading to Windows 10 for free. Now the laptop died and I build a new one. This PC is made by parts and have link the account that I have. Its the one that I used before but my Windows is not activated. I...
  7. I accidentally changed a disk to MBR & have lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally changed a disk to MBR & have lost files: My external hard drive was not displayed so I went into disk management. Someone told me to change it to MBR and no I cannot locate ANY of my personal files. I purchased AOMEI Partition Assistant and MiniTool Partition Wizard but have not been successful. Help!!...
  8. I accidentally changed a disk to MBR & have lost files

I accidentally changed a disk to MBR & have lost files: My external hard drive was not displayed so I went into disk management. Someone told me to change it to MBR and no I cannot locate ANY of my personal files. I purchased AOMEI Partition Assistant and MiniTool Partition Wizard but have not been successful. Help!!...
  9. I accidentally changed a disk to MBR & have lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Lost my digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost my digital license after hardware change: I had upgraded from Windows 7 for free quite a few years ago. Now I changed the hardware on my computer and Windows refuses to activate itself automatically. I installed windows on the new drive using the windows creation tool, but it didn't work. I also managed to find my...