Windows 10: Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates

Discus and support Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating windows to the latest available version, my wireless network adapter has stopped working, and it is no more detected in the hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rajeshkumarkasarla, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates

After updating windows to the latest available version, my wireless network adapter has stopped working, and it is no more detected in the hardware section and it is no more working. updates also destroy the computers hardware. Great

:)

rajeshkumarkasarla, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates

1. Lost my wireless network hardware due to untested updates - Similar Threads - Lost wireless network

2. Lost windows activation due to hardware fault and reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows activation due to hardware fault and reinstall.: I have recently switched out my pc hardware and reinstalled windows 10 on a new drive using the media creation tool. I had a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. Once installed, I used windows update to upgrade to windows 11. Worked fine. I didnt know however that...
  3. Lost windows activation due to hardware fault and reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows activation due to hardware fault and reinstall.: I have recently switched out my pc hardware and reinstalled windows 10 on a new drive using the media creation tool. I had a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. Once installed, I used windows update to upgrade to windows 11. Worked fine. I didnt know however that...
  4. Lost windows activation due to hardware fault and reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Have lost all wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have lost all wireless networks: Can only connect using an ethernet cable. Can't find network adapter anywhere. Suggestions welcome please, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-lost-all-wireless-networks/6ed63132-b782-41f3-9a2b-7feb2873661a
  6. Have lost all wireless networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have lost all wireless networks: Can only connect using an ethernet cable. Can't find network adapter anywhere. Suggestions welcome please, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-lost-all-wireless-networks/6ed63132-b782-41f3-9a2b-7feb2873661a
  7. data lost due to incorrect update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data lost due to incorrect update: On my acer windows 10 laptop it was asking for updates. After I ran update and restart, it ran a diagnostic repair and did not boot correctly. I had to restore the laptop using backup restore driveUSB which I had created immediately after first using the laptop. But now all...
  8. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  9. Lost data due to worthless update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data due to worthless update: I was stupid. I let updates be installed when they were available. This time what I got back was a machine with all my settings ad most of my data fucked up. when I did the reboot after the update I had nothing. Most data was gone and I lost all my web addresses. I was...
  10. Wireless Networks don't display, hardware works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Networks don't display, hardware works fine: I've seen this issue posted by a few different people, but I've not been able to get mine to work as of yet. Here's the rundown: When clicking on the network connection icon in the system tray, wireless networks are not shown. -Drivers have been deleted/ reinstalled...