Windows 10: Lost my written password for my computer.

Discus and support Lost my written password for my computer. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I lost my written password for my computer. Can I recover it? Or an I reset it somehow, and get a a replacement password? At this time I rely on my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StephenGrant, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Lost my written password for my computer.

I lost my written password for my computer. Can I recover it? Or an I reset it somehow, and get a a replacement password? At this time I rely on my picture option alone to log in to my computer.

:)

StephenGrant, Jul 8, 2020

2. Lost my supervisor password

Hi,

In order to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, can you confirm if you are using a Microsoft account to login to your computer? If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on the link below to reset your password:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 8, 2020
  3. alilpup13 Win User
    need help getting into my hp envy password and it won't let

I need help getting into a hp envy sleekbook as I forgot my password and I can't access my computer. .and suggestions

alilpup13, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Jim8080 Win User

Lost my written password for my computer.

Lost my default user account

My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available.

Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it was incorrect. I'm not sure what I would see if I had opened my Microsoft account. I guess something happened.

I shut down and restarted my computer and to my surprise I was asked for a password. I don't recall what happened when I originally set up the computer, but would have eliminated the password, if possible. I fiddled around, not sure what to do, and accidentally selected Windows User when I started the computer again. Now I'm not asked, and Windows User is automatically used.

My default account is still on the computer. I started with Administrator privileges, and ran C:\WINDWS\system32>net user and it is listed as the default account (WDAGUtilityAccount is listed under the Default Account heading). Windows User is the guest account.

I attempted to use System Restore from the Windows User Account but it was off. Since it is a different account, it probably would not have helped.
    Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Lost my written password for my computer.

1. Lost my written password for my computer. - Similar Threads - Lost written password

2. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  3. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  4. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost Computer Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Computer Password: I changed my password for my computer Acer/Windows and I've tried almost everything but I can't get into my computer. The password was changed after a breach of privacy and I've reset my computer completely since. I can't make sense of the hint I set for myself. I really need...
  6. Lost Computer Password

Lost Computer Password: I changed my password for my computer Acer/Windows and I've tried almost everything but I can't get into my computer. The password was changed after a breach of privacy and I've reset my computer completely since. I can't make sense of the hint I set for myself. I really need...
  7. computer password lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer password lost: My 86 year old husband lost his Microsoft password for his computer. How can he get a new one? HELP Please!! I am his wife completely computer ignoramus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-password-lost/4ca0213f-b3c3-4266-b24e-c555bca416b9
  8. computer password lost

computer password lost: My 86 year old husband lost his Microsoft password for his computer. How can he get a new one? HELP Please!! I am his wife completely computer ignoramus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-password-lost/4ca0213f-b3c3-4266-b24e-c555bca416b9
  9. computer password lost

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Lost My Administrator Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost My Administrator Password: Hi, I've recently accidently turned my Windows computer from administrator to standard. I don't know how to change it back, there's only one user on this computer and it is mine. I've tried a few ways such as booting from startup settings, but there's a password on it and I...