Windows 10: Lost my WSL config

Discus and support Lost my WSL config in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just upgraded my windows to version 2004 but when i tried to replace my WSL 1 to WSL 2, i somehow lost my WSL 1's files, folders, configs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Random user12414758, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Lost my WSL config

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my windows to version 2004 but when i tried to replace my WSL 1 to WSL 2, i somehow lost my WSL 1's files, folders, configs and all other stuff. i was wondering if theres any way to get recover those files because those files are really important and i dont have any backup.

btw i have 3 restore points from my update but I'm not sure if WSL 2 caused the issue or the windows itself.

It'd be great if anyone could help me.

Thanks

:)

Random user12414758, Jun 24, 2020

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Lost my WSL config

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Lost my WSL config

1. Lost my WSL config - Similar Threads - Lost WSL config

2. CONFIG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONFIG: After i check to HIDE all MS services do i click disable all then applyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/config/eb829b6f-6634-40f3-b961-dd5d5730d6b4
  3. CONFIG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONFIG: After i check to HIDE all MS services do i click disable all then applyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/config/eb829b6f-6634-40f3-b961-dd5d5730d6b4
  4. CONFIG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL: problem:now i'm using win1122543.1000 rs_prerelease, and i got one wired problem: one of my wsl,kali,which is imported from another device, now can't open from file explorer, and another wslopenEuler,which installed by win store can be opend from file explorer faultless....
  6. WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL: problem:now i'm using win1122543.1000 rs_prerelease, and i got one wired problem: one of my wsl,kali,which is imported from another device, now can't open from file explorer, and another wslopenEuler,which installed by win store can be opend from file explorer faultless....
  7. Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config: Have had a Hyper-V setup going here for years without any issues - and then suddenly today - things started falling away. First my WDS server suddenly stopped serving up it's PXE boot to a new VM I was testing - that led me to investigate a few other things which then...
  8. WSL

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL: I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly, how can I make sure I am using WSL2.0 instead of 1? I'd like to install some gui development tools inside Ubuntu on WSL ....
  9. WSL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL: I am running Windows version 2004 OS with Subsystem for Linux (WSL) installed and activated but can only use the Unix-like command-line shell (BASH). It is my understanding that with the May 2020 update the full GUI version of Linux distros will become available via WSL...
  10. Win7 to 10 upgrade lost RAID10 config!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 to 10 upgrade lost RAID10 config!: Hey Guys, Just wondering if anyone is able to offer some advice on recovering my RAID10 configuration after upgrading to Win10 stuffed it. I think I inadverntantly made it worse as well by being a bit impatient and accepting a couple of prompts I shouldn't have....