Windows 10: Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing.

Discus and support Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this is yet another long sordid windows 10 story, please bear with me. I bought a new acer laptop this summer as my old wonderful acer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeAbraham3, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing.

So this is yet another long sordid windows 10 story, please bear with me.

I bought a new acer laptop this summer as my old wonderful acer with beautifully stable and intuitive windows 7 was nearing the end of its life. I barely used the new laptop as I learned quickly how ridiculously challenging and horrible user experience windows 10 is. Eventually a month ago my old laptop died and I had to start using the new one more.

I am diligent about file backups, using malwarebytes and only want to use a computer for simple things like web research, email, word processing, (I bought office 16 with Word and Outlook) photo and document storage and music playing with occasional netflix watching. Nothing worthy of spending huge bucks.

So in the past couple of weeks windows started freezing (not crashing) after a few minutes of idle, sometimes 5-10, sometimes 30-60. A little research uncovered that this has happened to a LOT of users. And for a million users there appeared to be a million different potential solutions. I tried all the things a very non-IT inclined guy could do. Thought it may have something to do with power/sleep settings so set those parameters from one end of the spectrum to the other with no improvement. Most of the other solutions found online are too technical for me to understand, BIOS settings, driver updates, scans of every acronym under the sun. It's all greek to me. I just want my tool to do the basic job without goofy features and incomprehensible GUI...just like my 80 year old hammer...it still hammers nails exactly the same way now as it did 80 years ago...perfectly !!

So after countless hours and numerous MS live support chat agents (most of whom seemed to be generally helpful except the last guy who was completely useless), who did various things to drivers, settings and updated the OS; after the last restart, lo and behold I had no network connection (no adapter??) and no sound device. The agent specifically told me she would not to anything to impact my computer before telling me...but she did and caused a restart and now I cant even connect with support to fix what they broke, let alone to fix the initial problem. So now after having spent enough time to literally build a treehouse and cook three 7 course meals, I have a $400 paperweight. Each time I was engaging with an agent they would take control, do something then we would be cut off and I'd have to start from scratch. But now I have no network connection on that laptop !

Can anyone (including MS support) provide some guidance to getting at least step one resolved - internet connection, then I'll get back to trying to fix the initial problem with the damn thing freezing on me. It worked fine as long as I was doing something with it in terms of inputting to the keyboard/mouse...but just leaving ti idle even with music playing or video streaming it would freeze solid. No button worked except hard power down.

Please help !

Thanks

:)

MikeAbraham3, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing.

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing.

1. Lost network adapter after live chat support tried to fix windows 10 freezing. - Similar Threads - Lost network adapter

2. Live chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live chat: Hi I need live chat for help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/3a2e29c9-8bca-447a-bd2c-30ecbca9f887
  3. live chat

live chat: I am looking for a copy of the lenovo dial assistant application the down load button seesm to not be working on Microsoft site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/a874b6c8-cd14-451d-b690-100a7a8c9846
  4. Support live chat stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support live chat stuck on loading screen: I accidentally deleted a clipchamp microsoft account and i wanted to contact a support for this, but the problem is to assign an agent to my service request, I have to start a live chat first which I cannot because it keeps on loading forever and I'm still stuck on this page...
  5. Support live chat stuck on loading screen

Support live chat stuck on loading screen: I accidentally deleted a clipchamp microsoft account and i wanted to contact a support for this, but the problem is to assign an agent to my service request, I have to start a live chat first which I cannot because it keeps on loading forever and I'm still stuck on this page...
  6. live chat support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live chat support: live chat support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat-support/63c822a3-ec24-45e6-87e3-56c86eee4cab
  7. live chat support

live chat support: live chat support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat-support/63c822a3-ec24-45e6-87e3-56c86eee4cab
  8. live chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live chat: My computer is throwing an error this happened after your tech worked on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/6f24b040-584b-4aea-a1ad-7edf50b8b626
  9. How to get to live support chat Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get to live support chat Microsoft: I need to get to live chat of Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-live-support-chat-microsoft/d3d33535-64b3-406a-863d-c8a4e3bddf97
  10. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support: Hi all, I'm trying to reactivate my Windows 10 after replacing my motherboard using a license that's linked to my MS account. When I select my available license and press Activate I get an error message telling me to try again later. In the past when I've had issues...