Windows 10: Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer

Discus and support Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Canon MP628 scanner suddenly stopped communicating with my desktop computer and my Sony Vaio laptop, however it still communicates with my Lenovo X1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jecook, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Jecook Win User

Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer

My Canon MP628 scanner suddenly stopped communicating with my desktop computer and my Sony Vaio laptop, however it still communicates with my Lenovo X1 laptop. As far as I know the only changes to my systems have been the regular Windows updates.

The printer functions work but not the scanner. I have tried reloading drivers on the Sony Vaio, but this did not restore the scanner functions, which work fine on my Lenovo.

Error or message just says that the scanner is off or disconnected from the network, however Windows device manager has no problem detecting the scanner as an imaging device on either desktop or laptop!

I am at a complete loss as to the cause, and the fact that the scanner works fine on one system but not the other two is completely mystifying!

The Desktop is running Win 10 Home 32bit, both laptops are running Win 10 Pro 64bit.

:)

Jecook, Sep 25, 2015
  2. rjobdee Win User

Printer sharing on Windows 10 with Canon iR C2225

Hi SA,

For Canon network capable multifunction printers, without installing the printer driver what you can try first to confirm if all computers can communicate is use the printer's IP address to remotely access it (this will open the Remote User Interface), to
    do this use a web browser and in the URL bar type the printer's IP address. Most of the current Canon multifunction printers you can print the network configuration page and this will provide you what IP address the device is using.

If you have a small home/office LAN, each devices connected to the router or wireless router it will have each own leased IP address (example: PC-1 is 192.168.1.20, PC-2 is 192.168.1.30 and network printer is 192.168.1.40).

rjobdee, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Canon network scan

Thanks, but this has already beene unsuccessfully.

The strange thing is that all other network functions are working on the printer (canon multifunction mp620)

As far as I can see Canon has not yet updsted their drivers for W10

Rgds

Sjur Andre Dalland, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer

1. Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer - Similar Threads - Lost network communication

2. HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning: When trying to scan with an HP Laser MFP 137fnw the windows scanning app returns a message that the scanner should be connected. The printer is printing but the scanning option is not working under Windows 11...
  3. Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?: Hello everyone, This is my first post here, so I will try to do my best to explain what I need. A couple of days ago, I've upgraded my relatively new PC to Windows 11. Everything went relatively okay and fast, until the moment when I realized that my old Samsung SCX-4200...
  4. Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?: Hello everyone, This is my first post here, so I will try to do my best to explain what I need. A couple of days ago, I've upgraded my relatively new PC to Windows 11. Everything went relatively okay and fast, until the moment when I realized that my old Samsung SCX-4200...
  5. Canon printer MG3060 printer. "Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon printer MG3060 printer. "Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable...: I keep getting this message . The printer seems to be connected to the computer (Windows 10) ok but not the internet, it's wireless, and can't get it to print. The above is the message I get when I try to print but instructions I've found don't relate to W10. Thanks for any...
  6. canon printer

canon printer: Windows version 1809 was installed Friday, 2/22. Now my canon mx922 printer says it cannot print an PDF file. Has anyone had a similar problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/688da5a7-059b-401b-8369-19cdc5844264
  7. network settings on Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network settings on Canon Printer: Where do I find the network settings for my Cannon printer? I have internet on computer but not printer. I have gone from hotspot internet to AT&T wireless internet...
  8. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Where do I find help with the printer spooler? My printer says needs attention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-printer/3c8a16cf-7a53-44fb-94cf-d93123f76715
  9. Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...