Windows 10: Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

Discus and support Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys i think i have done Kaspersky an injustice i totally removed Kaspersky 2016 from both of my computers rebooted and tried to access my network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sam02, Jan 13, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

I think W10 is having some networking problems, yes.
    For now, it might just be easier for you to use Teamviewer - it's free for personal use. It's what I use.

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  2. sam02 Win User

Hi guys i now believe my problem was not the result of the new Sky router and it is due to Windows 10.

I have stumbled on a workaround until Microsoft release a fix when i click on the network icon i get a very random chance of seeing other computers on the network and an even less chance of connecting to them. Not good if you need to access other computers data quickly.

What i have done is right click on the network icon, then left click on Map network drive, then select a Drive letter, then in the folder box type the name of the other computer as \\(The other computer name), then click browse and then every shared folder on the second computer is visible, click on the folder you need access to then click ok, then close the network folder down, then then the shared folder is visible in This PC (in my case 100% of the time).

I know this is not quite as easy but it does give me access to the other computer and this is with Kaspersky 2016 running on both computers

sam02, Jan 17, 2016
  3. simrick Win User
    Well, glad you've got it sorted for now. Thanks for posting your fix! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

1. Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update - Similar Threads - Lost network computers

2. Lost Network Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Network Computer: I have two desktop computers (Windows 10 and Windows 7) and a Laptop (Windows 10). Until recently they were connected by the same WiFi network and were all visible. Now I can see the two Desktops on each Desktop machine, but not the Laptop, and although I can see both...
  3. Network Data with New Router

Network Data with New Router: I have changed out my Router, and now cannot get the NAS and Network Computers to show in My Network. If I put the old router back in server they show again. Where is there a place to delete the old router info, so the new router can provide the connections? It appears...
  4. New Sky Router

New Sky Router: Hi i have been having a few problems with my internet connection and my service provider (Sky) posted me a new Sky Q router, by the way i don't have sky Q just the sky plus box. But before the new router arrived the problem sorted its self out, i also use some devolo 500...
  5. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update: Hi folks looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can watch it later After latest sky go update (and you can't avoid the update) -- it's actually easy to bypass but that's another...
  6. Sky Q router and Devolo

Sky Q router and Devolo: Hi can someone help please I have been running a Sky router and Devolo 500+ Duo for some time now with no problems. But Sky has sent me a new SkyQ router and the base unit of the Delolo will not connect to the new router no matter what I try. On running the Devolo Cockpit it...
  7. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  8. COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER

COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER: COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/computer-does-not-appear-in-network-map-after/09f5e2df-5a12-4a68-b980-e911e7865f30
  9. Lost network after 1803 update

Lost network after 1803 update: I have 2 PCs on a network Both are Windows 10 pro with 1803 update. They both worked fine on the network before the update. I get this error message on both PCs. [img] 109467
  10. Network discovery turned off after installing a new router

Network discovery turned off after installing a new router: This week I upgraded to a new router. While fighting some unexpected connectivity problems I found that network discovery had been turned off on all 3 of my computers. Should I have anticipated this? I can't think of any reason Windows would care. The 3 computers all got new...