Windows 10: Lost network connection for one particular folder

Discus and support Lost network connection for one particular folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop and a laptop computer. Also have a PVR, which is also part of the network. All of a sudden, can't open the folder on the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sick Tired, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Lost network connection for one particular folder

I have a desktop and a laptop computer. Also have a PVR, which is also part of the network.

All of a sudden, can't open the folder on the desktop says no network connection butCAN still open it on the laptop. Troubleshooting finds nothing wrong.

I have not changed anything, so no idea what caused this. Tried rebooting, both the computer and the PVR

How do I fix this?

:)

Sick Tired, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Lost network connection for one particular folder :)

Frogger, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Lost network connection for one particular folder

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Lost network connection for one particular folder

1. Lost network connection for one particular folder - Similar Threads - Lost network connection

2. One particular Folder not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One particular Folder not accessible: Hello dear Members, One particular folder is not opening on windows 10. I have completed the following scans: sfc /scannow and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as suggested by Windows Advisor but still that folder is not opening. This issue surfaced on...
  3. WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network: It just connects butt I can't get internet access and the troubleshooter is useless as usual, just says "something wrong with your connection". This happens when I try to use my university's campus WiFi so every time I get to campus I have to reset my network settings. All...
  4. WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular: I am currently staying at a hotel for an extended period of time for work. Their WiFi isn’t the best, but until recently, it’s been consistent For the past 3 or 4 days, my pc connects intermittently to the WiFi network. It will connect, disconnect repeatedly. I have scoured...
  5. Can't connect to a particular wifi network

Can't connect to a particular wifi network: laptop running Win 10 18362. Wifi Adaptor: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn I have a newly installed internet connection with a new router. I can connect to the wifi using all my other devices but not the laptop, but I can connect to all other networks using this laptop. The wifi...
  6. open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself

open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself: I have the below issue. When open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself. If I copy this folder to local drive, no issue opening. Tested same particular network folder from other PCs on Win 10, no issue and can open the...
  7. Lost Home network connection on one computer

Lost Home network connection on one computer: On my desktop under Network folder the NAS (Readyshare) and my Pro3 notebook are not 'seen' anymore after some unknown event. Desktop 'sees' the wireless network printer and R7000 media devices and the TV. My notebook however 'sees' all. I compared all Network & Internet...
  8. Lost Network Connection?

Lost Network Connection?: Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help - we recently swapped internet service providers in our office and our WIFI is up and running fine. The problem we are having is that we use Sage accounting software, the main computer runs Sage and then my computer runs Sage from...
  9. Lost network connection

Lost network connection: My wife's brand-new Dell (win 10, 64 bit) suddenly lost the network connection. It says "Unidentified network". It's a directly wired connection, no router or modem involved. The same connection works just fine on two other PCs, one win 10, the other XP. I have tried all...
  10. I can't connect to a particular network

I can't connect to a particular network: This has been driving me mad for days, I cannot connect to one particular network in Win10 as it always shows "no internet access" and diagnose tells me that "one or more network protocols is missing" and other times it tells me there was a problem with the access point and...