Windows 10: Lost Network Connection?

Discus and support Lost Network Connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help - we recently swapped internet service providers in our office and our WIFI is up and running fine. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AccountsLSWGS, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Lost Network Connection?

Hello,

I'm really hoping someone can help - we recently swapped internet service providers in our office and our WIFI is up and running fine. The problem we are having is that we use Sage accounting software, the main computer runs Sage and then my computer runs Sage from that computer.

The way we were connected prior to the internet swap over was as far as I'm aware was via an ethernet cable that ran from my computer to the router and the other computer was connected to the router/internet wirelessly.

Anyway, since swapping the internet it appears that the main computer no longer shares files with my computer and as such I can't access Sage as its states 'Invalid Directory Path'.

I did try connecting my computer directly to the other one with an ethernet cable, the main computer then showed up under 'network' on my computer but it didn't fix the issue with Sage.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,

Sarah

:)

AccountsLSWGS, Mar 14, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Lost Network Connection?

Network connection lost - but still there

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Lost Network Connection?

1. Lost Network Connection? - Similar Threads - Lost Network Connection

2. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  3. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  4. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost

Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost: I have an HP 8200 SFF running Windows 10 - Yes I know it shipped with Windows 7 but I have been running 10 with no issues since 2019. On July 26, all of sudden I am no longer able to reach the internet. I have tried everything know to man - downloaded network card drivers to...
  6. Network connection keeps getting lost

Network connection keeps getting lost: I have two Win 10 computers between which I share files. Frequently one of them no longer shows up on the other as a network computer. I have to keep restarting function discovery on one or the other. In some cases it shows it working on the PC that is not recognized, but if...
  7. Lost Home network connection on one computer

Lost Home network connection on one computer: On my desktop under Network folder the NAS (Readyshare) and my Pro3 notebook are not 'seen' anymore after some unknown event. Desktop 'sees' the wireless network printer and R7000 media devices and the TV. My notebook however 'sees' all. I compared all Network & Internet...
  8. lost connection to a network drive

lost connection to a network drive: I recently formatted my computer. I have a HDD connected to my linksys EA6900 touter Since' I don't see the network HDD Other computers see the HDD How can I see it?...
  9. Lost network connection

Lost network connection: My wife's brand-new Dell (win 10, 64 bit) suddenly lost the network connection. It says "Unidentified network". It's a directly wired connection, no router or modem involved. The same connection works just fine on two other PCs, one win 10, the other XP. I have tried all...
  10. Lost Home Network Connection

Lost Home Network Connection: The upgrade from 8.1 went smoothly, the only problem so far is that I lost my Home Network connection and don't see how to re-connect. My Home Network consists of 3 computers, an ancient XP, a newer WIN7, an HP Printer and this one running WIN10. Where do I find the...