Windows 10: Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

Discus and support Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after Windows update in December 2021 - *Here is the fix that worked for me.*None of the older [registry]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Antti Säippä, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after Windows update in December 2021 - *Here is the fix that worked for me.*None of the older [registry] fixes about the topic worked for me. So I tried this picture and it did the trick. Back up your registry first

:)

Antti Säippä, Dec 20, 2021

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Dec 20, 2021
  3. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Dec 20, 2021
  4. Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

1. Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked... - Similar Threads - Lost Folder option

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. How to fix, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written...: Hello! I fresh installed windows 11 pro on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and after finishing the installation, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written in Arabic even though the language I chose from the installation is English US. can...
  5. How to fix, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written...: Hello! I fresh installed windows 11 pro on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and after finishing the installation, I noticed that in the context menu the "Open PowerShell Here" option is written in Arabic even though the language I chose from the installation is English US. can...
  6. Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...: Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after Windows update in December 2021 - *Here is the fix that worked for me.*None of the older [registry] fixes about the topic worked for me. So I tried this picture and it did the trick. Back up your registry first...
  7. Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after update - *Here is the only fix that worked...: Lost "New Folder"- option in context menu after Windows update in December 2021 - *Here is the fix that worked for me.*None of the older [registry] fixes about the topic worked for me. So I tried this picture and it did the trick. Back up your registry first...
  8. Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option: My context menu New -> New Folder option is missing along with a bunch of other standard options like Text Files. https://i.imgur.com/p74OMj0.png I googled and tried a bunch of solutions online and the only solution I got was to add New to...
  9. Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.: Hi! I performed a system restore and now the "New" option in the context menu is busted. Specifically, it currently looks like this: [ATTACH] As you can clearly see, there's a lot of stuff missing all options for new files and all that, and strangely enough the "New...
  10. Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu: After the installation of the latest windows 10 update, I was very annoyed my "Command Prompt Here" has disappeared again from the right mouse button menu, after I took a lot of effort to restore it. Windows Powershell is not an option for me, as it wreaks havoc on...