Windows 10: Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I had a ton of Stiky Notes, really important to me. Today the app decided not to open at all, so I restored it, the description literally says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P08Luger, Feb 2, 2019.

1. P08Luger Win User

Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10

Hello,

I had a ton of Stiky Notes, really important to me. Today the app decided not to open at all, so I restored it, the description literally says that windows will reinstall it and that my documents won't be affected.... guess what, it deleted all my my sticky notes!!!! Help! Is there anyway I can get them back?

:)

P08Luger, Feb 2, 2019

2. sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 2, 2019
  4. AWP711 Win User

Lost sticky notes after upgrade to Windows 10

Hello Fellow Windows 10 Sufferers,

Just had to succumb to a forced Windows 10 update yesterday and lost all sorts of functionality including Sticky Notes.

I had two issues with Sticky Notes:

1-- Lost access to the actual Sticky Notes App completely

2-- Lost all the notes I had typed into the sticky notes tagged to my desktop

How I fixed these issues...

1-- followed the suggestion on this board posted by ReneLacore (Thank you for that!) with some slight modifications. Typed Sticky Notes into the Search Windows box located next to the Windows Start Icon. When I clicked on the search result (I only got one
    item in the results), it did in fact restore the Sticky Notes app, but all my previously entered notes had been lost.

2-- To recover lost notes, I went to Google Search and found this:

How To Recover Deleted Sticky Notes In Windows

I followed all the steps and was able to recover all my lost notes in a Notepad document form.

Hope this is helpful. I should mention that I am a computer newbie, so this may not be the most elegant set of recommendations. Hope it helps!

BAD Microsoft. BAD, BAD Microsoft!

AWP

AWP711, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost Notes on Sticky Notes 3.1 Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Notes Sticky

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  4. Sticky Note "Notes List"

Sticky Note "Notes List": I opened up my computer after a recent software update and now the sticky note "notes list" is a blank, white, note. I have rebooted my computer multiple times. The notes I had open the day of the update are on my computer and still open. Any closed notes are now in this...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. Lost Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Sticky Notes: Hello, Last night my computer updated and I lost some important Sticky Notes that were on my desktop. I have tried the instructions from previous years about this topic, and I have not had any success. Thanks!...
  7. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  8. Lost Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Sticky Notes: I had been using Windows 10 for about a year without a Windows ID and was very satisfied. During that time I had collected 50 - 60 sticky notes that were important to me. About a month ago I had a need to use OneDrive and used a gmail account and its password for my id. I...
  9. Lost Sticky Note

Lost Sticky Note: Suddenly I have lost some Sticky Notes. How to recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sticky-note/59d46d7e-b9f2-42b4-89cf-9ae1c0a77c74
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...