Windows 10: Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall

Discus and support Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Win10 Pro on my laptop after an upgrade had failed. I purchased Office 2016 and have the Order Number but I do not have the Product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by e50orkw, Dec 20, 2020.

1. e50orkw Win User

Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall

I had to reinstall Win10 Pro on my laptop after an upgrade had failed.

I purchased Office 2016 and have the Order Number but I do not have the Product Key. The order link is no longer valid.

What are my options?

Thanks.

:)

e50orkw, Dec 20, 2020

2. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Dave xxx Win User
    Office Pro Plus 2016 - Win7 transfer to Win10 licence failure

Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 has been running for about 2 years under Win7 (Dell laptop x64)

I now wish to transfer Office Pro Plus 2016 to a new Win10 system (Dell Inspiron 17 3793 laptop; supplied with multiple Office 365 versions - and since all deleted)

I have uninstalled Office Pro Plus 2016 and afterwards installed it on the Win 10 laptop - but the product key is rejected: "This product cannot be activated because the product key is not valid" (after running Microsoft's Activation Troubleshooter for Office 2019 & Office 2016: officeact.diagcab and launching Word 2016)

I have also tried running cscript ospp.vbs /act (as suggested in Kari's 'Office License Management Tool') but see:

... ERROR CODE: 0xC004C003
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked.
    NOTICE: A KB article has been detected for activation failure: 0xC004C003
    FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2870357#Error0xC004C003

The recommended URL generates "Sorry, page not found"

So, suggestions for a possible remedy welcome.

Dave.

Dave xxx, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall

Product Key for Office Professional Plus 2016

Who gave you the disk for Office Professional Plus 2016?

You never bought it as it is licensed through Volume Licensing and not for private use.

So there is no way to get the product key unless you still work for the company where you got the disk from.

Microsoft Office 2016 - Wikipedia

Five traditional editions of Office 2016 were released for Windows:

• Home & Student: This retail suite includes the core applications only.[23]
    • Home & Business: This retail suite includes the core applications and

Outlook
      .[23]
    • Standard: This suite, only available through
      volume licensing
      channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook and

Publisher
      .[25]
    • Professional: This retail suite includes the core applications, as well as Outlook, Publisher and

Access
      .[23]
    • Professional Plus: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You may be interested in using either of these two free Office Suites which are compatible with Windows.

Open Office:

Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Libre Office:

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

Bill Smithers, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall

1. Lost Office 2016 Product Key after Win10 reiinstall - Similar Threads - Lost Office 2016

2. Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016

in Cortana
    Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016: Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-product-key-to-office-professional-plus-2016/e6384b49-b08a-4ffa-ad47-91be4a7a8c2a
  3. Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016: Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-product-key-to-office-professional-plus-2016/e6384b49-b08a-4ffa-ad47-91be4a7a8c2a
  4. Lost Product Key to Office Professional Plus 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lost Office 2019 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost Office 2019 product key: I bougth a usb microsoft office profecional 2019 a few weeks ago and I lost the product Key, How I can recover it? I have the receipt but the seller did not answer...
  6. Office 2016 Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2016 Key: I'm trying to find the Office 2016 key for a win 10 PC. I've tried 3 different key finders apps and they all just provide the win 10 key. Even Belarc does not provide the key. Any suggestions?...
  7. Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...

Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...: Hi, can you help me with this please. I am running Win10 on an old laptop, which originally came with OEM Win7, certificate of authenticity attached from when I first bought this laptop. I did a Windows "refresh" to cure problems after recent update (couldn't fix via...
  8. Lost Microsoft office 2016 activation key

Lost Microsoft office 2016 activation key: I bought lifetime subscription of Microsoft office 2016 home & student from flipkart on oct 2018. Last week i got my desktop OS refreshed (windows 10). Now i want to re install office 2016 but i dont remember my microsoft account details like email id etc. I have invoice from...
  9. lost office suite after Product Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost office suite after Product Recovery: "I used to have microsoft office 10. This came across with the free Windows 10 update from windows 7 , but I had to do a Product Software Recovery and now I do not have the Office suite. I have tried to activate your Product code but it does not like it. Is there anyway to...
  10. Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update: Wondering if anyone has had any issues with the latest Creators Update. My update happened a couple of days ago and I now can't use any Office 2016 Pro programs without being told they're not activated. Office programs all worked fine before the update. I'm getting a message...