Windows 10: Lost old phone number.

Discus and support Lost old phone number. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. So I have recently changed my phone provider and had to undergo a change of phone numbers and lost possession of the old one. I have also... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sufiyan4, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Sufiyan4 Win User

Lost old phone number.

Hello.

So I have recently changed my phone provider and had to undergo a change of phone numbers and lost possession of the old one. I have also built a new PC and I have been getting an error where I cannot sign in.

The only option it gives me Is to "Set up new PIN." This is fine, however I applied to change my number but did not know it would take effect after 30 days. I do not want to wait this long. I have sent an email with various details by filling out a form on their support page, but realized it was to change passwords, rather than phone number.

I would like to solve this sooner than later. Please let me know who I can contact in order to speed up the process. I am also willing to prove identity with passport, credit card, etc.

Thank You.

:)

Sufiyan4, Jun 16, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jun 16, 2020
  3. jcatton Win User
    lost numbers from phone memory

Removed sim & memory card and battery and had phone repaired for charging problem.

Situation now have sim phone numbers but lost all phone based numbers. Since added 1 number stored on phone OK. Phone set for sim and phone stored numbers

Also all old sms messages lost but all photos remain.

Where are my phone numbers or why lost!?

jcatton, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Lost old phone number.

Lost New Samsung Edge 7 Phone!

I've lost my new Samsung Edge 7 phone and I'm really upset. I can't seem to find it listed under any account. I also had all the info transferred over from my old phone to my new phone at BestBuy and they didn't give me the ID Number. How can I find
    my new 7 Edge phone? Any suggestions?

AdeleConnell, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Lost old phone number.

1. Lost old phone number. - Similar Threads - Lost old phone

2. MFA connected to old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  3. MFA connected to old phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  4. Old Login Phone Number I can't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Login Phone Number I can't change: My computer asks for a PIN number and wants me to verify via the phone text or call, but the phone number is an old one so I can't do that. I even changed my phone number and updated my account, but the computer still wants to use my old phone number. How do I correct...
  5. Old Login Phone Number I can't change

Old Login Phone Number I can't change: My computer asks for a PIN number and wants me to verify via the phone text or call, but the phone number is an old one so I can't do that. I even changed my phone number and updated my account, but the computer still wants to use my old phone number. How do I correct...
  6. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  7. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  8. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Lost Phone Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Phone Number: Hi I'm in the proccess of reseting my gaming com which i built in 2017. i also bought and set op my MS account back then. I've lost the phone number i used to sign up with microsoft with. replaced it before i thought about what consequenses it would have on my MS account. i...
  10. Old phone numbers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old phone numbers: I no longer have the phone windows keeps sending my codes to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-phone-numbers/377da396-453b-4517-bb43-36aa0be46ac4"