Windows 10: Lost old Word documents

Discus and support Lost old Word documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Frank1 Win User

Lost old Word documents

I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10

:)

Frank1, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 21, 2019
  3. marinro Win User
    Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Mar 21, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Lost old Word documents

dalchina, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Lost old Word documents

1. Lost old Word documents - Similar Threads - Lost old Word

2. lost word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  3. lost word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  4. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost word document: Hello, I lost my final assignment document that was saved on my desktop, cause I deleted it permanently by mistake, right now I’m using a software called easeUS and trying to recover it, so far I have not got any documents, is there any way to recover it, please help! Thank...
  5. Lost document from Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost document from Microsoft Word: Last week I wrote up an important document and *thought* I uploaded it onto a website. I cannot find any place that it was saved and it does not appear in the "recent" documents tab on the left hand side of Word. Can anyone help me recover the lost document in Word? Thank...
  6. Lost word document

Lost word document: I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could access...
  7. Lost Word document

Lost Word document: I spent 3 grueling hours last night working on sections of a report. I know I saved it. Now it's not on the flashdrive and I can't recover it from the computer/word file. I had to upgrade, upload Windows --whatever yesterday. My printer hasn't been working with WORD docs...
  8. lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!: Help! So we did the latest Windows update in Windows 10, and a super-important Word document somehow disappeared, it seems... We searched for the file of course in all of C:, and it shows up in "Recent" and "Recent Items," but attempting to open it gets the "shortcut can't...
  9. Lost old Word documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333
  10. Lost word document changes

Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...