Windows 10: Lost onedrive

Discus and support Lost onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I lost my house and all of my computer data including onedrive data in a recent fire. I bought a new computer and logged into my Microsoft one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by knotmyline, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Lost onedrive

I lost my house and all of my computer data including onedrive data in a recent fire.

I bought a new computer and logged into my Microsoft one drive account and it is empty. I assume that is a new computer onedrive and not the old computer onedrive which did have data on it.

My question is how do I get to that old onedrive online and recover data from it?

:)

knotmyline, Sep 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Lost onedrive

OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be on the safer, you may try copying the files from the old OneDrive folder to the newly created one rather than using the cut/paste feature and see if it stops downloading (sync) the content from your OneDrive account to the local PC.

We do have a dedicated support for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Lost onedrive

1. Lost onedrive - Similar Threads - Lost onedrive

2. My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...: I tried to delete onedrive aswell, but still, the device logged into the lost account and it seems now I've lost the ability to use screenshots. They turn into corrupt files immediatly after getting taken so....
  3. My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...: I tried to delete onedrive aswell, but still, the device logged into the lost account and it seems now I've lost the ability to use screenshots. They turn into corrupt files immediatly after getting taken so....
  4. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  5. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  6. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  7. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  8. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  9. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  10. I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.

I lost my old OneDrive account and now I can't access files stored on my laptop.: Hello! I have some important family pictures on my old laptop. Recently, I wanted to transfer them to a stick, so I can view them on a bigger screen. However, I couldn't even open them, because "OneDrive isn't synced". I tried to connect to that account, but I lost the...