Windows 10: Lost OneNote files when switching accounts

Discus and support Lost OneNote files when switching accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a Microsoft account through a university which has now been deleted by the university since the account expired. Even while the account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonPlzHelp, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Lost OneNote files when switching accounts

I had a Microsoft account through a university which has now been deleted by the university since the account expired. Even while the account was inactive, my files remained on OneNote and I was able to continue editing them. Today, I wanted to synch the files, ironically, to ensure they were backed up as I knew the old university account had been deleted. I logged into my new Microsoft account after which the files I had created with the old university account closed. I now see them on OneNote when I click "add a notebook" but am not able to open them. I was not logged into OneDrive on the ol

:)

AnonPlzHelp, Jun 7, 2023

2. Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Jun 7, 2023
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

The Onenote app also has broader account-related issues:

• Sign in with Microsoft account, and Onenote syncs to that.
    • Remove this account from Onenote only, and add a different Microsoft account.
    OneNote does not sync the new account's OneNote files, only sees the old account's files, and gives an error "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook -> Sign In" where the "Sign In" button does nothing.

CSMR(2), Jun 7, 2023
  4. Lost OneNote files when switching accounts

Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

i am incapablee perhapsa. i need staples yet agai.

FerneO'Neil, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Lost OneNote files when switching accounts

1. Lost OneNote files when switching accounts - Similar Threads - Lost OneNote files

2. Cant find another app/files when switching account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find another app/files when switching account: I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?...
  3. Cant find another app/files when switching account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find another app/files when switching account: I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?...
  4. Lost OneNote files when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost OneNote files when switching accounts: I had a Microsoft account through a university which has now been deleted by the university since the account expired. Even while the account was inactive, my files remained on OneNote and I was able to continue editing them. Today, I wanted to synch the files, ironically, to...
  5. OneNote Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Files Disappeared: I realize that this is now a legacy app . . . no longer enhanced; however, I had developed a rather extensive set of notebooks containing recipes that I cannot duplicate. When I launch OneNote 2013 as I have always done, there are no notebooks available. I'm told I don't...
  6. Recover Onenote files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Onenote files: I did a system reset and since that I have lost a large portion of recent notes and files in one note. It seems to have erased all notes taken in the last 12 months but restored all those prior to that. Tried finding them in one drive online and aren't located there either...
  7. Keyboard language when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  8. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...
  9. No audio when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio when switching accounts: When there is currently a user logged into my computer the audio works fine for that user. However, upon switching users without logging out, the audio does not work for the newly logged-in account. When I log out of the account with working audio and log back into the...
  10. Onenote Duplicating Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onenote Duplicating Files: I work at Elder High School and for a while now we have had experienced a lot of issues with Onenote duplicating files. To further explain, the OneNote documents will go 'read-only' and OneDrive says, "Cannot sync changes" and then will start duplicating files. Any help would...