Windows 10: Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10

Discus and support Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running an HP Pavilion laptop approx. 2 years old, and after an update in May 2019, I lost the option to disable the touchpad in the Touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frankn3, Jul 14, 2021.

1. frankn3 Win User

Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10

I'm running an HP Pavilion laptop approx. 2 years old, and after an update in May 2019, I lost the option to disable the touchpad in the Touchpad settings. This is all I see:Tried to find the setting under Mouse, but it wasn't there. I also tried to uninstall the "clickpad" in Device Manager, and still didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

:)

frankn3, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 14, 2021
  3. After Windows 10 update, can no longer disable touchpad. Please help

Hi Feisty

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touchpad after Windows Update, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to November Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you have any issues with functionality of Touchpad?
    • Where exactly were you trying to search for disable option?

This issue might have happened because of corrupted/ outdated touchpad drivers after the update.

If you are unable to access touchpad, I suggest you to connect an external mouse to try the below.

Step 1: Follow the below steps for search for the disable option and try to turn if off.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and check.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and try to install the drivers.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2021
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost option disable

2. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  3. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  4. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...

Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...: After the latest flurry late June 2021 of Windows 10 Updates, my formerly disabled Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop is not only Not Disabled, but the selector "Leave Touchpad on when a Mouse is Connected" usually found in Settings:Devices:Touchpad had disappeared. Not only...
  6. After latest Windows Update, there is no option to disable Touchpad when USB mouse is used

After latest Windows Update, there is no option to disable Touchpad when USB mouse is used: After latest Windows Update, there is no option to disable Touchpad when USB mouse is used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-update-there-is-no-option-to/8fafb03c-889a-4683-8768-423fbe239988
  7. Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903

Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903: Okay, so I've had the update for about a few weeks now, and I can't seem to disable my touchpad anymore. Before the update, I had the ability to disable the touchpad whenever my mouse is connected. Now I've no longer got that option. What gives? I've gone under the settings...
  8. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  9. touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update: I recently updated to the April 2018 windows 10 update and since then the features of my touchpad like scrolling with two fingers has been lost. Has anyone encountered the same problem, if so how does one fix it? my laptop= hp...
  10. Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update: Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4 Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066 Running: Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes External USB mouse Everything was functioning properly before the update. I've been running Win10 since it was released. After the update...