Windows 10: Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by websquad, Sep 29, 2016.

1. websquad Win User

Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop) from my iPhone, but I don't know how to copy them to the Outlook 2016 contacts file. Can anyone help?

:)

websquad, Sep 29, 2016

2. Contact pictures disappeared from outlook.com and Windows Phone

No, the problem is that pictures, explicitly assigned to contacts, were removed during the outlook.com upgrade I can't see my Outlook.com email in Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013.
    This is very painful, since I have a paid subscription.

Theo Albers, Sep 29, 2016
  3. AlisonZB Win User
    Lost contacts on Lumia 640XL after the upgrade

Sorry about that! feeling a bit stressed I have a Lumia 640XL LTE and I just recently received an upgrade however have lost all my contacts. Trying to work out how I transfer from Outlook 2016 on my pc running windows 10 how to do it. Any advice would be
    great! Thanks

AlisonZB, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

5. websquad Win User
    Well, the path you let me two has lots of detailed instructions, but I don't think they have been updated for Outlook 2016 (the stand-alone version, not the cloud version). What I do have are all the contacts from my iPhone, backed up on iCloud. I think it contains about 95% of the contacts I had in Outlook 2016 just before those were erased by Windows 10. SO, what I need is some help in downloading them so they can be imported into Outlook 2016.

websquad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost Outlook 2016

2. Lost all my contacts, e-mails, etc in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Lost all my contacts, e-mails, etc in Outlook 2016: Yesterday I successfully moved all my Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos Folders from my overloaded SSD to a 1Tb HD drive. However, the process of moving all this data over has caused my Outlook 2016 app to lose all my contacts, e-mails, etc. It has been suggested that I...
  3. Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10: I updated from Win 7 to 10 back during the crunch week ("last chance" week), and later discovered that my Outlooks 2016 contacts had gone missing. Blank. Nothing. I have all of them on my iPhone. Can I use that to recreate my contacts? 63436
  4. Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Adding message receipients to Outlook 2016 contacts: Hello: Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically, by default, add the people I send e-mails to using Outlook 2016 into the contacts list? I know that some other e-mail clients have a way to do this, but I have not discovered it yet in Outlook 2016. Thanks...
  5. Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts: Hello - Just bought a new computer with Windows 10 and Office 365. Have had great difficulty setting up Outlook email. Had to switch to a POP3 email account in order to recoup my category capability. And now, I can't figure out how to display my PRIVATE contacts. None of...
  6. Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar: A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or contacts into my Lumia 735. I get hints (nothing specific) from online searching that since my service provider (Time Warner)...
  7. Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10: I need to export my Outlook 2016 Address book to a .csv file. I have done this many, many times in the past but now after I run the export the resulting .csv file when opened with Excel is completely blank except to row 1 which contains the headings title, first name, middle...
  8. Contacts missing in outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts missing in outlook 2016: I upgraded office 2007 to office 2016 professional. Everything was OK yesterday. But today I noticed that all my contacts in outlook are missing. They changed the file outlook.pst to “my L: name@woh.rr.com.ost. I put in my old outlook.pst that I have saved but it ignores it...
  9. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...
  10. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...