Windows 10: Lost Partition After windows 10 update

Discus and support Lost Partition After windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating windows 10, Windows detected my second partition drive as RAW format and it needs to be formatted. The drive was working fine before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by walidgomaa1, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Lost Partition After windows 10 update

After updating windows 10, Windows detected my second partition drive as RAW format and it needs to be formatted. The drive was working fine before update ( was NTFS before the update).

please I need to solve this problem ASAP because all my working files are on this partition.

:)

walidgomaa1, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 6, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 6, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Lost Partition After windows 10 update

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Lost Partition After windows 10 update partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Lost Partition After windows 10 update

1. Lost Partition After windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost Partition update

2. Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost: My windows 10 PC fails during boot. Windows was on my C: drive. The PC has ASUS motherboard, M2 SSD, AMD RYZEN 5 processor and 32GB RAM. I set the Page File to be on a different hard drive to prevent writes to the M2 SSD drive. The drive with the Page File died. From looking...
  3. Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost: My windows 10 PC fails during boot. Windows was on my C: drive. The PC has ASUS motherboard, M2 SSD, AMD RYZEN 5 processor and 32GB RAM. I set the Page File to be on a different hard drive to prevent writes to the M2 SSD drive. The drive with the Page File died. From looking...
  4. Lost partition after windows update windows 10, version 20H2

Lost partition after windows update windows 10, version 20H2: Afternoon,I recently updated my windows 10 to 20H2. After the update was complete, one of my partitions was completely empty. I attempted to go back to a previous version of windows. This was successful but my files were still missing. I attempted to use Recuva recovery...
  5. Lost partition after windows update windows 10, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partition after windows update windows 10, version 20H2: Afternoon,I recently updated my windows 10 to 20H2. After the update was complete, one of my partitions was completely empty. I attempted to go back to a previous version of windows. This was successful but my files were still missing. I attempted to use Recuva recovery...
  6. Lost partition after windows update windows 10, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 lost partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 lost partition: Windows 10 home I have a ssd drive as my C drive called boot. A secondary drive is a standard SATA drive and this was set up with 2 partitions D and H. I made a decision that I would delete one partition H drive - no data on this and expand the main drive to use the...
  8. Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update

Lost Logical Partition after Windows 1909 Update: I upgrade to 1909 but after upgrade I lost 2 logical drives. both partition now shown as combined free space. How can I restore those partition without losing data? where can I find the cause/logs of the issue after upgrade process? screenshot after upgrade [ATTACH]...
  9. Lost Logical Partition after Window 1909 Update

Lost Logical Partition after Window 1909 Update: I upgrade to 1909 but after upgrade I lost 2 logical drives. both partition now shown as combined free space. How can I restore those partition without losing data? where can I find the cause/logs of the issue after upgrade process? screenshot after upgrade [ATTACH]...
  10. Partition lost after windows 10 update 1809

Partition lost after windows 10 update 1809: Hi, I just updated my windows 10 with update 1809 and now I cannot see my personal files partition anymore. In a partition tool that I use, I see that 230 GB has now an unallocated file system and that there is no used space in it. What happened with update 1809? And how...