Windows 10: Lost partition drive after conversion of MBR to GPT.

Discus and support Lost partition drive after conversion of MBR to GPT. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, May I request your kind assistance or help to recover my deleted/lost partition. I have a lot of important files like documents and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by donald014, Nov 7, 2016.

1. donald014 Win User

Lost partition drive after conversion of MBR to GPT.

Hi Guys,

May I request your kind assistance or help to recover my deleted/lost partition. I have a lot of important files like documents and pictures that I need to recover *Sad. Please help me guys.

Please see the screenshot before the converstion happened.

Kind regards,
    Donald

Lost partition drive after conversion of MBR to GPT. [​IMG]

:)

donald014, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

Windows 10 BCD missing 0xc000014c.

in this situation, you can choose toconvert mbr partition table to gpt with free AOMEI Partition Assistant. And the conversion does not
    cause any data loss. you can try it.

Ivy336289, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Installing windows 7 on a partition running 10 home so i can install 8.1 pro, as windows will then recognise an upgrade..

I'm trying to install windows 8 pro for dual boot. Problem is, as u know my (10 home) is MBR table on EFI system.. If I run cmd> command >diskpart list disk> It will be disk 0 , as I have a (1tb) Drive. I cant run cmd >clean , then convert
    to GPT. If I clean I will lose my data.. I tried to convert the table from MBR to GPT without cleaning so I could partition the drive during install , to no avail.. I have a license for 8 pro.. I'm thinking I cant Convert to GPT from MBR without the cleanse..
    Thus I would need another HHD to run the GPT conversion. so I can select that drive. Is it possible to convert, the 1 hard GPT so I can partition for dual boot? At first I was thinking, windows 8 will not recognize an upgrade on a deleted partition, so
    I was thinking , If I partition and install ( 7 ) then install the (8 pro) on that partition it will then recognize the upgrade.. Is there a solution ? Thank You , and that's what we do.. Brettman prettymuch !

brettmanprettymuch, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum can you explain what you have done and how you did it and we're we are at now

Samuria, Nov 7, 2016
  5. donald014 Win User
    First I've decided to update my OS from 8 to 10. While in the process there's an error message (screenshot above) that I need to convert my disk into GPT. So I search in Google on how to convert my disk and I found out that I need to open a command prompt "diskpart" then I see only a 1 disk so I selected that disk and then clean. After that the conversion the installation of new OS was done! I'm so happy that time when I see the windows 10 interface but when I checked my drive (Drive C and D before) it become LOCAL Drive C ONLY! *Sad, I tried EaseUS/recuvar and other recovery tools to recover but it seems that it can't be recovered on that way. I saw some of my files before but when I tried to recover it was corrupted almost ALL!

I hope you could help me on this guys, I need my files specially my family pictures

donald014, Dec 12, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    In Diskpart, The Clean command Erases all data on the HDD, not just the C: partition.
    You can try to recover your files using the Free TestDisk Program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost partition drive after conversion of MBR to GPT. - Similar Threads - Lost partition drive

2. MBR to GPT Conversion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MBR to GPT Conversion: ASUS is telling me I need to convert my hard drive from MBR to GPT in order for the TPC to correctly show active and attestation ready. Not a clue what they are talking about. My question is if I do the conversion will it affect my programs and documents? Is there...
  3. MBR to GPT Conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MBR to GPT Conversion: ASUS is telling me I need to convert my hard drive from MBR to GPT in order for the TPC to correctly show active and attestation ready. Not a clue what they are talking about. My question is if I do the conversion will it affect my programs and documents? Is their...
  4. MBR to GPT Conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR to GPT Conversion: ASUS is telling me I need to convert my hard drive from MBR to GPT in order for the TPC to correctly show active and attestation ready. Not a clue what they are talking about. My question is if I do the conversion will it affect my programs and documents? Is their...
  5. MBR to GPT Conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MBR to GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR to GPT conversion: Right now my MVMe boot drive is formatted MBR. I just cloned it over from an older SSD and never changed it to GPT. In any case, I have an old PC I use as a test bed and I've successfully converted boot SSD's from MBR to GPT using Aomei Partition Asst and MBR2GPT without any...
  7. MBR to GPT conversion for boot disk - failing

MBR to GPT conversion for boot disk - failing: Hello Ive recently purchased a 16Gb optane memory module for my PC. Unfortunately to get it to run for me I need all my drives converting to GPT. This was straight forward for my 500Gb data drive however it has proven to be more difficult for my boot drive. As my current...
  8. mbr gpt partition help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mbr gpt partition help: hello guys I need help, in windows 10 I converted the ssd disk with mbr partition to gpt using the mbr2gpt / convert command from cmd. Everything works perfect and windows works in uefi mode. but it turns out that I want to install on another partition of another hard drive...
  9. MBR to GPT Conversion help

MBR to GPT Conversion help: till now my partition was gpt uefi bios but with rufus I had to create with ntfs as iso was 4200mb and I had to select other os in bios instead of uefi now my all partitions are ntfs in ssd I have 3 drives now if I use uefi usb iso will all drives be converted to gpt...
  10. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have converted mbr to gpt and lost my computer data

2. recover partition after gpt conversion

3. loss of partitions and diskspace after mbr to gpt conversion

4. Recover Lost Data after Disk MBR to GPT Conversion