Windows 10: Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

Discus and support Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DiegoZZ15, Feb 3, 2022.

1. DiegoZZ15 Win User

Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I execute these commands in this order:- diskpart- list disk- select disk- clean- convert gpt- exitAfter this I found that I have lost all partitions in my drive and I have no OS support.Can I undo these operations and restore my partitions with my data?Thanks in advance

:)

DiegoZZ15, Feb 3, 2022

2. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for example. Here are the steps that I tried the other day which did NOT work . . .

• Boot from the install USB.
    • On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10.
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0
    • clean
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • exit
    • exit
    I intend to leave assign AND format fs=ntfs for Windows to perform as normal during the installation.

Thanks.

Paul Black, Feb 3, 2022
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support :)

RyoTakagi, Feb 3, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Those were the steps I did.

Because I figured that Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, would have required Windows setup to create a separate system and/or recovery partition.

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support - Similar Threads - Lost partitions Diskpart

2. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command: Hello,I'm writing here after seeing another thread where this is already commented:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery-after-diskpart-clean/56428538-73ce-439a-8c24-543853e4db54I was trying to get in contact with Greg Carmack who seems to be...
  3. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command: Hello,I'm writing here after seeing another thread where this is already commented:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery-after-diskpart-clean/56428538-73ce-439a-8c24-543853e4db54I was trying to get in contact with Greg Carmack who seems to be...
  4. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can DISKPART recover lost HD partition

Can DISKPART recover lost HD partition: Can DISKPART be used to recover a lost HD partition please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-recover-lost-hd-partition/3b01cebd-0848-45dd-956a-ad198883b842
  6. Can DISKPART recover lost HD partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can DISKPART recover lost HD partition: Can DISKPART be used to recover a lost HD partition please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-recover-lost-hd-partition/3b01cebd-0848-45dd-956a-ad198883b842
  7. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support: I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I execute these commands in this order:- diskpart- list disk- select disk- clean- convert gpt- exitAfter this I found that I have...
  8. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support: I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I execute these commands in this order:- diskpart- list disk- select disk- clean- convert gpt- exitAfter this I found that I have...
  9. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.: I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for...
  10. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380