Windows 10: Lost password and can't reset it

Discus and support Lost password and can't reset it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; About 1 month ago I bought a used pc, it has windows 10 and everything was great until I wanted to use Remote desktop and I had to log in my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hajaan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Hajaan Win User

Lost password and can't reset it

About 1 month ago I bought a used pc, it has windows 10 and everything was great until I wanted to use Remote desktop and I had to log in my microsoft account, I tried and it asked for the computer password, but when I bought it the seller bothered to give me only the PIN code and I didn't bother for asking the passowrd, but now the seller does not remember the password and the only way to reset it is to erase the disk, but I have alot of stuff here and then I need a new windows key and other stuff to do

:)

Hajaan, Feb 4, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Lost password and can't reset it

reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Lost password and can't reset it

1. Lost password and can't reset it - Similar Threads - Lost password can't

2. Can't reset password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset password.: Trying to help cousin who can't sign in to Windows 10. Gone through the steps online and received code. Says they will verify information and get back to me within 24 hours. It's been over 3 days.The phone number for the account is a landline for former employer. He doesn't...
  3. Can't reset password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset password.: Trying to help cousin who can't sign in to Windows 10. Gone through the steps online and received code. Says they will verify information and get back to me within 24 hours. It's been over 3 days.The phone number for the account is a landline for former employer. He doesn't...
  4. Can't reset password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  6. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  7. Reset/Lost Password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset/Lost Password.: I have a lenovo ideapad 110s 11ibr with 2GB ram and 32GB storage. I don't know the password to it as it's a super old laptop I dug out of my closet when moving. I can't reset it due to there not being enough space on the drive free up space and try again. I can't free up...
  8. Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password: Have an old computer for an employee long gone. We want to use it again, but don't have the password. Don't care about the data just want a factory reset. I figured out how to do that, but I get this error. "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made"....
  9. Can't reset Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset Password: Hello, I can't remember my password, I have access to my main computer because it is set to use a pin. I remember my pin. My tablet is a paperweight. It is on password. I can't remember my password. I click, "Don't remember password" I get, "enter email address...
  10. Reset lost Admin Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset lost Admin Password: Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !! When we got our computer my husband made 2 user accounts. One was an admin and the other was not. I have been using the other account just because that is where I...