Windows 10: Lost password and unable to recover.

Discus and support Lost password and unable to recover. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Son's computer updated and he cannot login to Windows. Before the update he was using a PIN to login and it is now asking for a password. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jady1971, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Lost password and unable to recover.

My Son's computer updated and he cannot login to Windows. Before the update he was using a PIN to login and it is now asking for a password.

Here is the true potato move, he does not remember his password for windows nor for his Gmail account to reset the password.

Any ideas on how to get in? I never use account passwords on my PC so this is an aspect of windows I am not too familiar with.

Please and Thank You for the help!!

submitted by /u/jady1971
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jady1971, Jul 19, 2020

2. Hard drive disck administrator password lost

You can try the following to see if it helps you recover your password:

If you are not able to recover your password, its best off you reinstall Windows 10.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a custom install.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

You will be able to recover your files from Windows.old using the custom install option:

Recover personal files from the Windows.old Folder such as Documents Pictures and Windows Live Mail Emails in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jul 19, 2020
  3. D3lgado.. Win User
    How to recover a lost password?

I forgot the password on my computer, though I can login through my pin. Is there anyway of recovering or changing my password? or is it lost forever?

D3lgado.., Jul 19, 2020
  4. figgirigh Win User

Lost password and unable to recover.

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Lost password and unable to recover.

1. Lost password and unable to recover. - Similar Threads - Lost password unable

2. Help - Windows 10 password lost - how to recover ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help - Windows 10 password lost - how to recover ?: I just join a company as stem administrator, previous IT management is messy1 No body know the users PC local administrator password2 Domain admin is not a member of local admin group3 I can do nothing on users' PC.How I can recover the USERs' pc administrator password ?...
  3. Help - Windows 10 password lost - how to recover ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help - Windows 10 password lost - how to recover ?: I just join a company as stem administrator, previous IT management is messy1 No body know the users PC local administrator password2 Domain admin is not a member of local admin group3 I can do nothing on users' PC.How I can recover the USERs' pc administrator password ?...
  4. Help - Windows 10 password lost - how to recover ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to recover Microsoft password

Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  6. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  7. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  9. I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it.

I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it.: I lost my google/email password and cannot recover it. I have documents on my main gmail account that are business related that I need to print and sign. I have read everything I could find about recovering lost passwords or creating new ones. Nothing worked, I listened...
  10. Unable to recover hotmail account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to recover hotmail account password: Hi Tried to recover Password of my hotmail account. Couldn't able to reset the PW. Is there any other way to reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-recover-hotmail-account-password/405b8434-0ee1-4dc7-9895-c0a313e028a1