Windows 10: lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer

Discus and support lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I reset a password for a microsoft account that's so old and wasn't being used for email that there isn't any security info to use to verify... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CarolynFra, Jan 3, 2019.

1. lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer

How do I reset a password for a microsoft account that's so old and wasn't being used for email that there isn't any security info to use to verify ownership? It is also on an old domain "***.msn.com" It was only being used to login into this one computer which I don't want to factory reset and loose a bunch of pictures.

Thanks

:)

CarolynFra, Jan 3, 2019

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Computer is displayed twice on MSN account

Hello Gerald,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with MSN account concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you referring to MSN account through a web browser or MSN Internet access?
    • What are the steps you've done so far prior to the issue?
    Kindly send us a screenshot of what you see when going on your MSN network. This will help us isolate your concern.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer

microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.

The security code to reset the password can only be sent to an additional email (#1 in screenshot) or phone (#2) listed in your dad's Microsoft account, given when Microsoft account was created (https://account.live.com > Security & privacy > More security settings > Security settings), or to any other additional email or phone number added later.

To add your email or phone number there (#3), to be able to receive the security code for your dad, you must first sign in, which requires you to either know the password or use his originally given phone number or email to get the security code to reset the password.

lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer [​IMG]

Kari, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer

1. lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer - Similar Threads - lost password msn

2. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  3. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  4. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. 'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password: So last night I was trying to disable some Microsoft background features bad idea @5am disabled too many.Login today and the pin is unavailable. Try and use that, wants to conect me with the store. NO go there.Reboot; Reset, Safe mode, Rollback, Repair are all locked behind a...
  6. Locked out of my account and computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account and computer: I just bought myself a new computer yesterday, I set it up with my existing microsoft account, but setting up computer they were asking for verification due to suspicious activity on my account. I put in the email I'm registered for, but I don't receive any verification code...
  7. locked out of a brand new computer due to lost password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of a brand new computer due to lost password.: I purchased a brand new computer for my 82 year old mom when hers crashed. when I entered the micosoft password she had it was incorrect. now micosoft is saying her information does not match what they have on file and they cannot release the account. what is the...
  8. Locked out of admin account with no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of admin account with no password: I was an idiot and made my extra account with no password the admin account, so now I can do barely anything. My pc locked me out of the account due to having "the wrong password" but I never even set one. I can't do the startup menu hack since my pc has a broken screen and...
  9. MSN account locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSN account locked: Hi, my neighbors MSN email account was locked today, supposedly due to an inappropriate joke image he sent to friends. Is that possible or was his account hijacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-account-locked/a47e9eaa-afab-41c4-8447-21e9625334e5"
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...