Windows 10: Lost Password for Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Password for Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A friend passed away last week. He changed his startup password two days before he died. He did not write it down of tell his wife that he did. Now she... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DickRoesner, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Lost Password for Windows 10

A friend passed away last week. He changed his startup password two days before he died. He did not write it down of tell his wife that he did. Now she is unable to access their financial information and other important data.

Is there a way to bypass the startup password and change it to one she establishes?

:)

DickRoesner, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Lost Password for Windows 10

Windows 10: Passwords seem to get lost

Hi Jackie,

In cases wherein you cannot log in to your Windows 10 computer, we need to consider if you are typing the correct password or if you are logging in to the correct account. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

In the event that you are using a local account on your Windows 10 PC, we suggest following the steps in this

article
    to reset your Windows 10 local account password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Lost Password for Windows 10

1. Lost Password for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Password

2. Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.: My son created a new Microsoft account on his Lenovo Legion laptop, which he has not used for about 4 months. Unfortunately, he does not remember any of his sign-in details. And since he does not have access to the email associated with the account, he cannot reset it. We...
  3. Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.: My son created a new Microsoft account on his Lenovo Legion laptop, which he has not used for about 4 months. Unfortunately, he does not remember any of his sign-in details. And since he does not have access to the email associated with the account, he cannot reset it. We...
  4. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!: Someone else set up my router connection. now I need to add another device. How do I find my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-router-password-now-i-need-to-add-a-new/e4057ba4-04c0-4f4b-8945-4dfad3394e65
  5. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!: Someone else set up my router connection. now I need to add another device. How do I find my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-router-password-now-i-need-to-add-a-new/e4057ba4-04c0-4f4b-8945-4dfad3394e65
  6. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 7 lost password

Windows 7 lost password: Need to bypass Windows 7 login password to do a factory reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-lost-password/48e3495c-01cd-4421-8a16-98b972a503d6
  8. Windows 7 lost password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 lost password: Need to bypass Windows 7 login password to do a factory reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-lost-password/48e3495c-01cd-4421-8a16-98b972a503d6
  9. Startup repair lost password help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup repair lost password help: My windows os on my PC broke, so it's trying to initiate selfrepair, but it wants a password that I don't have, I thought I could reset the password to my Microsoft account to get it changed, but i dont believe that it can see that I changed it online. Is there a way to scour...
  10. Startup repair lost password help

Startup repair lost password help: My windows os on my PC broke, so it's trying to initiate selfrepair, but it wants a password that I don't have, I thought I could reset the password to my Microsoft account to get it changed, but i dont believe that it can see that I changed it online. Is there a way to scour...